We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using Spreadsheet, get 0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'replace' of undefined or null reference

Help! After finishing the VS2017 tutorial for starting a project, I had a date picker that seemed to be working great, so I jumped right in to added a spreadsheet instead. I replaced "<ej-date-picker id="datepicker" value="@DateTime.Now"></ej-date-picker>" with "<ej-spread-sheet id="Spreadsheet"></ej-spread-sheet>" as described on the spreadsheet tutorial.

Unfortunately, the spreadsheet doesn't finish loading. An error occurs in ej.web.min.js that leaves the spreadsheet in a "loading" state: The error is "0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'replace' of undefined or null reference" and occurs in on this line of code:

n.className=t?n.className.replace(new RegExp(t,"g"),"").replace(/ +/g," "):""

This is the only code in my Index.cshtml:

@{
    ViewData["Title"] = "Home Page";
}

<div class="panel panel-default">
    <div class="panel-heading">Spreadsheet?</div>
    <div class="panel-body">
        <ej-spread-sheet id="Spreadsheet"></ej-spread-sheet>
    </div>
</div>

I don't want to overload the post with code, so if you would like to see other portions of the project, please let me know. I really appreciate if anyone could point out what I need to do differently.

6 Replies

ZD Zach Durtschi May 10, 2017 05:25 PM UTC

In case it would be helpful, I have also attached here my entire project.
Attachment: SyncfusionSpreadsheet_c32e83a.zip

ZD Zach Durtschi May 10, 2017 08:42 PM UTC

One more update, I thought I would include my Visual Studio and Internet Explorer info:

IE 11
Version: 11.0.9600.18639
Update Versions: 11.0.41 (KB4014661)
Product ID: 00150-20000-00003-AA459

Visual Studio Professional 2017
Version 15.1 (26403.7) Release

If there's anything else that would help, let me know.

ZD Zach Durtschi May 10, 2017 10:41 PM UTC

I have found my problem! It turns out I put "<ej-script-manager></ej-script-manager>" in the wrong place, which for some reason was OK for the date picker but not the spread sheet. Unfortunately, I encountered another error "0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'ejSpreadsheet'"

But I will probably make a new post for that, since it is a different issue and my code has now changed.

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team May 11, 2017 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Zach, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products, 

We have checked your attached sample and found that you have referred jQuery file twice in the _Layout.cshtml page environment (“Development”) section. So, we suggest you to refer jQuery once in your _Layout file to resolve the reported issue. Please refer the below code example, 

[_Layout.cshtml] 

<!DOCTYPE html> 
<html> 
<head> 
    <environment names="Development"> 
        <link rel="stylesheet" rel='nofollow' href="~/css/site.css" /> 
        <link rel="stylesheet" rel='nofollow' href="~/lib/bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap.css" /> 
        <link rel='nofollow' href="~/lib/syncfusion-javascript/Content/ej/web/bootstrap-theme/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
        <link rel='nofollow' href="~/lib/syncfusion-javascript/Content/ej/web/responsive-css/ej.responsive.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
    </environment> 
     //.. 
    @Html.Raw(JavaScriptSnippet.FullScript) 
</head> 
<body> 
    //.. 
    <environment names="Development"> 
        <script src="~/lib/jquery/dist/jquery.js"></script> 
        <script src="~/lib/jsrender/jsrender.min.js"></script> 
        <script src="~/lib/syncfusion-javascript/Scripts/ej/web/ej.web.all.min.js"></script> 
    </environment> 
    <ej-script-manager></ej-script-manager> 
    @RenderSection("Scripts", required: false) 
</body> 
</html> 

Also, we have attached the modified sample and the same can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Shanmugaraja K 

ZD Zach Durtschi May 11, 2017 11:28 PM UTC

Thank you for the response. I was able to get it working on my own - the main problem was that I place the Syncfusion JS files in the top scripts section instead of the bottom one. I also resolved the error I mentioned in my most recent post, so thank you.

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team May 12, 2017 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Zach, 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Kindly get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Shanmugaraja K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon