We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Font size of GridTemplateColumn

Hi,

I have a TimePicker in a GridTemplateColumn (via DataTemplate, of course). I know the CellTextSize property of GridColumn, but that seemimgly does not to work here.

My questions:
  1. Does CellTextSize work for GridTemplateColumn at all?
  2. If so, will it be propagated to controls inside the DataTemplate?
  3. If not, is there a general way of setting the font size in GridTemplateColumn?

Kind regards

using:
Xamarin Forms 2.3.4
Syncfusion ES 15.1.0.41

3 Replies

PS Pavithra  Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 8, 2017 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Kind, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Regarding your first query of “Does CellTextSize work for GridTemplateColumn at all ” 
      Initially, we don’t know which view would be loaded inside GridTemplateColumn. So, CellTextSize property is not applicable for GridTemplateColumn. 

Regarding your Second query of “If so, will it be propagated to controls inside the DataTemplate ” 
      As mentioned in the previous query, CellTextSize is not works for GridTemplateColumn. 

Regarding your third query of “If not,is there a general way of setting the font size in GridTemplateColumn ” 
      There is no general way available for setting the font size in GridTemplateColumn. For TimePicker, there is no inbuild FontSize property. However, you can achieve your requirement of setting font size for TimePicker by customizing the TimePickerRenderer.  

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement and please download the same from below link.

Sample Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130334/ze/TimePickerInForms-2025227216

Regards, 
Pavithra S 

BK bkind May 9, 2017 08:41 PM UTC

Hi again and thank you for your answer.

Concerning GridTemplateColumn format options, well, I have to admit that I was hoping for some magic trick. But o the other hand I suspected something like having to write a renderer. So thank you for the sample code, too.

By the way, kudos to you and the team at Syncfusion for giving competent answers promptly! Which is nothing I could say about a lot of other software companies.

Kind regards

PS Pavithra  Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 10, 2017 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Kind,  

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad that we were able to help you resolve the issue. Please contact Syncfusion Support in case of any other queries.  

Regards,  
Pavithra S  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon