We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Overriding Exit event of Report Designer?

I have two question on the report designer:
When I click Exit button my application is closed entirely , how can I change this behavior or disable it:

my second question: how can I get a list of all the opened tabs?

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team May 4, 2017 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query 
Response 
When I click Exit button my application is closed entirely , how can I change this behavior or disable it: 
We have already exposed the Ribbon control used in our ReportDesigner. You can access Ribbon elements using the “Ribbon” property and modify its UI elements or enable/disable the button from our report designer or you can override its click event. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

my second question: how can I get a list of all the opened tabs? 
As of now we don’t have an option for retrieving the list of opened tabs in our report designer. But we can get the details of the opened tab using “PreCloseApplication” method. Could you please confirm whether your requirement is to get the list of opened tabs or to get the list and details of the opened tab. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon