We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

disable TabbedMDIManager

Can someone tell me how to stop a user from changing tabs in a TabbedMDIManager. Thanks Chris

4 Replies

SI simon April 19, 2004 10:58 PM UTC

you could maybe check the Activating event for the window and then .Activate() the previous window. You''d have to store somewhere which window was ''current'' and this could be kinda clumsy especially if you close windows. There may or may not be a more elegant way of doing this and even if this is the only way you may get an unpleasant flicker. -simon

CS Chris Soulsby April 20, 2004 06:48 AM UTC

Is there any way of using the MDITabPanel to stop this from happening? I’ve looked at the methods and there’s nothing that stands out. You get access to it by: MDITabPanel tp = this.tabbedMDIManager.TabGroupHosts[0].MDITabPanel

CS Chris Soulsby April 20, 2004 07:22 AM UTC

I''ve worked it out :-), you need to use the enabled property on the MDITabPanel control. This is done as follows: if(this.tabbedMDIManager.TabGroupHosts.Length > 0) { MDITabPanel tp = this.tabbedMDIManager.TabGroupHosts[0].MDITabPanel; tp.Enabled = !tp.Enabled; } When the control is disabled then the user will not be able to change tabs. Thanks Chris

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2004 03:59 PM UTC

Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing this information with us. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon