We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot connect to the demo dashboard datasources

Hi,

I just installed the Dashboard Server in my local. Now, I cannot view any of the sample Dashboards (like Retail Sales Analysis) because our firewall prevents accessing dashboarddemodata.syncfusion.com which is where the data is.

So, can you provide a zip of this demo database/tables so that I can install it in our database here and test?

Thanks
Praveen

3 Replies

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team April 27, 2017 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have attached dashboard sample database backup file. Kindly restore this database in you SQL server and use this sample tables to view dashboards in your machine. 

Kindly follow the below steps to change connection details in dashboards. 
  1. Download sample dashboards from dashboard server.
  2. When opening this file in designer, you will be prompted with a alert, by clicking on 'Yes' you can change connection string, in that you have to give the valid server credentials(which should has that sample database)
  3. First ensure the Test connection then proceed to connect.
  4. If you want view the dashboards in dashboard server you have to republish the dashboard in server.

Regards, 
Umapathy S. 

RP Ramesh Praveen May 25, 2017 06:55 PM UTC

Thanks, this worked. Looks like I do have to Download, change connection and Publish all the 10 or so dashboards back. Little cumbersome, but not a problem.

Thanks!

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team May 26, 2017 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Please let us know if you required any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sabapathy K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon