We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Commands only working on first grid item

<ej-grid id="marketingGrid"
[dataSource]="data"
[editSettings]=" { allowAdding: 'true', allowDeleting: 'true', allowEditing: 'true' }"
[filterSettings]="{ filterType: 'excel' }"
(dataBound)="onCreate($event)"
(beginEdit)="beginEdit($event)"
(actionComplete)="onComplete($event)"
class="marketing-list-table">
<e-columns>
<e-column field="retailPrice" headerText="Retail Price" format="{0:C}" textAlign="left" width=140></e-column>
<e-column field="specialPrice" headerText="Special Price" format="{0:C}" textAlign="left" width=140></e-column>
<e-column [commands]="editCommand" headerText="Edit" textAlign="center" width=40></e-column>
<e-column [commands]="removeCommand" headerText="Remove" textAlign="center" width=55></e-column>
</e-columns>
</ej-grid>

this.removeCommand = [
{
type: ej.Grid.UnboundType.Delete,
buttonOptions: {
contentType: "imageonly",
size: "normal",
prefixIcon: "mi"
}
}
];

this.editCommand = [
{
type: ej.Grid.UnboundType.Edit,
buttonOptions: {
contentType: "imageonly",
size: "normal",
prefixIcon: "mi mi-mode-edit",
}
}
];
}

I have a grid as the above with those commands and whenever I go to use them they work but only on the first item in the dataSource. When I log the beginEdit it gets the right row but then displays the first row in the UI and edits that one. To clarify, the positioning stays the same,and the first row still has it's item but the row that is in the process of editing also has a copy of it.

2 Replies

ZA Zack April 25, 2017 12:47 AM UTC

Attached an example image to fully clarify what I mean
Attachment: Screenshot__4_24_2017_,_8_43_56_PM_ver001_155f9f92.zip

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 25, 2017 04:43 PM UTC

Hi Zack, 

We have analyzed your query and we suspect that you want to do CRUD operations in Grid but while editing the record first record value gets shown in other records editing. 

If Grid columns does not have primaryKey column then CRUD operations are not properly working. CRUD operations are performed based on the primaryKey column in Grid. So, you need to enable isPrimaryKey property in any one of the column, which has unique values. 

Refer the below code example. 

<ej-grid id="Grid23" [allowPaging]="true" > 

<e-columns> 
            <e-column field="EmployeeID"  headerText="Employee ID" textAlign="right"></e-column> 
            <e-column field="OrderID" [isPrimaryKey]="true"  headerText="Order ID" textAlign="right"></e-column> 
            <e-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer ID" textAlign="right"></e-column> 
        </e-columns> 

</ej-grid> 

Refer the help documentation. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon