We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can i change language for Lanes, Swimlanes and Phases default texts

HI there, i recently been trying to change localization to spanish for Lanes, Swimlane 

Default title / Text  but even i set in code

ej.datavisualization.Diagram.PhaseDefaults.label.text= "Fase";
        ej.datavisualization.Diagram.LaneDefaults.header.text = "Función";
        ej.datavisualization.Diagram.SwimLaneDefaults.header.text = "Título";

Observations:
1.- Only works for  the first time i drag from palette to create an object  afterwards if  i place a  vertical phase or horizontal phase on the created lane the new ones are set with text  "Phase"  and i cannot change it
2.- modifying ej.datavisualization.Diagram.SwimLaneDefaults.header.text   never works, I checked source code and  its hard coded the text  "Title" when creating a  Lane from the symbol Palette, i mean i created the symbols as are described on the examples but no luck to change labels also i create lane i can set the title with label but when dragging a Lane creates a whole swimlane.

so any advice or solutions
1.- Should i create diferently the lane for the palette ?
2.- Is this a bug ?

3 Replies

KR Kameshwaran R Syncfusion Team April 14, 2017 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Please use the “nodeCollectionChange” and “dragEnter” client side diagram events to achieve your requirement. We have achieved your requirement and please find the below playground link. 

Regards, 
Kameshwaran R. 

CM carlos mendez April 14, 2017 05:27 AM UTC

Thanks for the heads up it works they way i wanted to achieve 

However i think its weird to set a Lane on the symbol palette  and the whole swimlane is created ,
I think the whole swimlane had to be set or declared for be inserted on the palette so its easier to customize the labels or titles

Thanks for the code sample.

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team April 17, 2017 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

• Currently we have a support to add a lane in the palette and don’t have support to add a swimlane in the palette.
  • However you can create swimlane as a native node and add it into the symbol palette.
  • When we drag and drop that swimlane from palette onto the diagram, you need to customize it in the nodeCollectionChange event.
  • So please confirm us whether creating symbol palette as a native node will satisfy your requirement or else you can use the solution provided in the previous update.

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon