We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

data loading on demand via the IQueryable interface.

Hello. Whether data loading on demand via the IQueryable interface with support of group, filters etc. is supported in sfDataGrig not to load all data directly? 

2 Replies

BR Balamurugan Rajaraman Syncfusion Team April 11, 2017 10:26 AM UTC

Hi ASX 

Thank you for contact Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your query “IQueryable collection with SfDataGrid ”. our SfDataGrid supports for loading the data OnDemandly with the IQueryable interface. You can able to achieve this behavior in our SfDataGrid by enabling the EnableVirtualization property as true.  

Please refer the below link for getting more information about the DataVirtualization 

We have created the sample as per the requirement and attached that sample in the below location for you reference  

Regards, 
Balamurugan R

AS asx April 13, 2017 04:37 AM UTC

Thank you.
I just played around with GridVirtualizingCollectionView using entities, LINQ to firebird. It turns out when scrolling is loaded on 50 items of necessity, like everything is normal. 
SELECT FIRST 50 SKIP 0 t0.ID, t0.F1, t0.F2 AS DATETIME, t0.F3, t0.F4
FROM NEW_TABLE AS t0

But when I grouped by the column F1. From the trace I saw a request for all items-
SELECT t0.ID, t0.F1, t0.F2 AS DATETIME, t0.F3, t0.F4
FROM NEW_TABLE AS t0

Expand the group F1:140 - 200 items
and we get two queries to each other on all items
FROM NEW_TABLE AS t0
If you continue scrolling down, you will see that periodically loading elements, but again with a request for all items.
FROM NEW_TABLE AS t0
I understand it should not be.
When I played with the Devexpress grid, with the option ServerMode. There completely was logic to download the missing data using LINQ queries to the database supports grouping and filtering. Do I understand correctly that if i want something like that, then need to inherit the class GridVirtualizingCollectionView and write my code by overriding methods? Maybe missing something? Is there a similar mechanism for GridGroupingControl in WinForms?

Attachment: SFFirebirdWPF_b0419185.7z

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon