We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with SfSchedule

I use the Xamarin package and I've some problems using the SfSchedule control.
I use Galasoft MVVMLight, and mantains the data structure in a view model.
In particular, I've found this strange behaviors:

1) I've created a subclass of ObservableCollection, that has a AddRange method that add all emement of another enumerable type in my ObservableCollection and raise the CollectionChanged event (with arguments NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Reset) only when I've added all the element. Using this method, the appointments collection of SfScheduled is not updated (the control not show any appointment).
The appointments are loaded correctly if I add the element using the ObservableCollection.Add method, but in this case I have a long overhead caused by the fact that the UI must respond to many CollectionChanged events, one after another.

2) In some particular circumstances, I need to logout from app, change the webservice address used by the app, and login again. In this situation I need to clean old data and reload a new data stream. If I invoke  RangeObservableCollection.RemoveAll() I receive the error below (I've tested only on Android by now)

----------
Start error log
----------

Error message -> "Handle must be valid. Parameter name: instance"
Source -> Java.Interop

---- Begin StackTrace ----
  at Java.Interop.JniEnvironment+InstanceMethods.CallObjectMethod (Java.Interop.JniObjectReference instance, Java.Interop.JniMethodInfo method) [0x00017] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/9578cdcd/source/Java.Interop/src/Java.Interop/Java.Interop/JniEnvironment.g.cs:11250
  at Android.Runtime.JNIEnv.CallObjectMethod (System.IntPtr jobject, System.IntPtr jmethod) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/9578cdcd/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/JNIEnv.g.cs:96
  at Com.Syncfusion.Schedule.SfSchedule.get_Appointments () [0x00043] in <2d3464433f994e02b4d3970e6553e4a5>:0
  at Syncfusion.SfSchedule.XForms.Droid.SfScheduleMapping.CustomAppointmentCollection_CollectionChanged (System.Object sender, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <a2812d3ca40446b082e3eda1c7702d3d>:0
  at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[T].OnCollectionChanged (System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) [0x00012] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/f3074d2c/source/mono/mcs/class/referencesource/System/compmod/system/collections/objectmodel/observablecollection.cs:288
  at RangeObservableCollection`1[T].RemoveAll () [0x0002b] in RangeObservableCollection.cs:49
  at AppointmentService.Clear () [0x0000e] in AppointmentService.cs:155
---- End StackTrace ----

----------
End error log
----------

where RangeObservableCollection is my custom ObservableCollection, and the RemoveAll method remove all element from the collection and, at the end, raise a CollectionChanged event with arguments NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Reset.
I've tryed also to call ObservableCollection.Clear() but the result is the same
At the moment I've solved recreating a new RangeObservableCollection in AppointmentService.Clear()

I hope I was be clear.

Best regards and good job

Gabriele Benvenuti

1 Reply

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 7, 2017 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Gabriele, 

Based on the provided information, we have checked and we are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue with Schedule in Xamarin Forms from our side. We have prepared simple sample with the View Model, please find the below sample by the following link. 

In the sample, we have handled Appointment collection in the ScheduleViewModel and set the appointments in the DataSource in the Schedule sample page.  

Since the shared information is not sufficient to reproduce the issue, could you please revert to us by modifying the provided sample along with replication procedure to reproduce the issue, it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the better solution. 

Regards, 
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon