We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Vertical scrolling in ScrollView being catched while SfRotator is horizontal

Hi,

We currently have an horizontal SfRotator inside a vertical ScrollView. The problem is vertical scrolling works perfectly except inside the SfRotator: when we scroll vertically touching an area inside the rotator, the event seems to be catched and it doesn't scroll at all. As the rotator has an horizontal orientation, it should only catch horizontal scrolling. Could you check this and perhaps give me a hint on how I could resolve this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Yoram.

13 Replies

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team April 10, 2017 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Yoram,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Regards,
Rathanakumar S.

YG Yoram Griguer April 10, 2017 03:29 PM UTC

Thank you for your answer. However, I don't see any new ticket in my account, are you sure the ticket has been created?

Thank you very much,

Yoram.

AP Ashwini Paranthaman Syncfusion Team April 11, 2017 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Yoram, 
Due to technical glitch that might not have appeared in your list. Please refresh and check if the incident is available in your account. 
Regards, 
Ashwini P. 

YG Yoram Griguer April 11, 2017 12:09 PM UTC

Yes I see it now, thank you. Do you have an idea when it will be fixed?
Thank you.

AP Ashwini Paranthaman Syncfusion Team April 12, 2017 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Yoram, 
The techinal glitch has been resolved. If your query is related to the issue "Vertical scrolling in ScrollView being catched while SfRotator is horizontal" reported in this forum then please follow up with the incident that has been created under your account. 
Regards, 
Ashwini P. 

CH Charlin March 11, 2019 05:01 PM UTC

Hi, 

Any news about this issue? I'm having the same issue on v16.4.0.52. 

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2019 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Charlin,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have checked with the reported issue and we were unable to reproduce in our latest version (16.4.0.54). We have prepared the sample for your reference. Please download the same ffrom the below link.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/RotatorSample1136675706 

Please try our sample and check whether you could reproduce the reported issue. If not please provide the issue replicating sample with the replication procedure and it will help us to proceed further with your requirement.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

CH Charlin March 14, 2019 12:07 AM UTC

Hi Vanaja R.A,

Thanks for your quick response. 

The Sample is working fine because it is not using a ScrollView.

Using the same sample you sent me if I wrap the content in a ScrollView then I won't be able to scroll vertically over the Carrousel. 

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 14, 2019 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Charlin,

We have prepared the SfCarousel sample inside ScrollView and we could not reproduce the reported issue. We have provided the sample for your reference. Please download the same from the below link.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/carousel_6_2-2141020558

Please try our sample and check whether you could reproduce the reported issue. If not, please modify our sample based on your scenario and revert with the modified sample with the replication procedure and it will help us to provide exact solution for your requirement .

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

TC Trevor Christensen replied to Yoram Griguer May 9, 2019 02:18 PM UTC

Hi,

We currently have an horizontal SfRotator inside a vertical ScrollView. The problem is vertical scrolling works perfectly except inside the SfRotator: when we scroll vertically touching an area inside the rotator, the event seems to be catched and it doesn't scroll at all. As the rotator has an horizontal orientation, it should only catch horizontal scrolling. Could you check this and perhaps give me a hint on how I could resolve this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Yoram.

I am still seeing this original issue on iOS with version v17.1.0.44.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Trevor, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have already fixed the reported issue. Please find the patch for this issue from below location. 

Assemblies: 

Assembly Version: v17.1.0.44 

Please replace the custom assemblies in below location.   

lib/iOS/Syncfusion.SfRotator.iOS.dll 

Disclaimer: 

Please note that we have created this patch for the version 17.1.0.44 specifically to resolve the issue reported in this. 

This fix will be included in our upcoming weekly nuget release which will be available on 14th May 2019. 

Please get back us, if you have any concern. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

TC Trevor Christensen May 14, 2019 01:59 PM UTC

It looks like this was not included in the 17.1.0.47 release today. Can you confirm that it will be in the next weekly nuget release?

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 04:46 AM UTC

Hi Trevor,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Due to some complexity this fix was not included in our Vol 1 SP 1 release. This fix will be included in our upcoming weekly nuget release which will be available on 21st May 2019.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon