We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDataGrid landscape mode

Hey, is SfDataGrid in Xamarin.iOS support landscape(horizontal) mode? I can not find it in the documentation

5 Replies

IG IgorKuznetsov April 5, 2017 10:06 AM UTC

I found it, but not working now for me

exportOption.PdfDocument.PageSettings.Orientation = PdfPageOrientation.Landscape;
                    exportOption.PdfDocument.PageSettings.Size = PdfPageSize.A4;

SS Suhasini  Suresh Syncfusion Team April 6, 2017 11:25 AM UTC

Hi Albilaga, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query. SfDataGrid in Xamarin.iOS does support landscape mode as depicted in the video below. You need not do anything additional to render the SfDataGrid in the landscape mode. Based on the device’s orientation the SfDataGrid will be rendered automatically. 

Also please make sure that the orientation changes for the application is not restricted in the info.plist file settings as shown in the below screenshot.

Please revert us with a working sample, if in case the issue persists.

Regards, 
Suhasini 

IM Indhumathy Malayappan Syncfusion Team April 6, 2017 02:38 PM UTC

Hi IgorKuznetsov,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Software,

We have checked your requirement “Landscape mode is not working while exporting the grid to PDF” as a defect and we have fixed the reported issue from our side.

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 

Regards,
Indhumathy M

AL albilaga April 7, 2017 05:51 AM UTC

Sorry I didn't mean landscape mode. but creating it in horizontally. Which mean each of my data model in my list created horizontally not vertical. Like this one in here

SS Suhasini  Suresh Syncfusion Team April 10, 2017 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Albilaga,  

Thanks for your update. 

In your previous update, your attachment of the image, was broken and hence was not able to view it. In SfDataGrid we will bind data to the grid column wise by using SfDataGrid.Column.MappingName. If your requirement is to bind the data to the grid row wise example Row.MappingName="Internet" as in the below image. 

Your requirement can be achieved if UnboundRow is used, but at present SfDataGrid does not support UnboundRow and a feature request have already been logged for the same. However, your requirement can be achieved by using the GridTemplateColumn, whereas you need to add the values to the columns manually, you cannot maintain a collection to populate data to the grid. 

We have prepared a sample to achieve your requirement, please find the sample link below: 

However, you can create an iOS app in Xamarin.Forms by using the SfListView control. But it comes with a limitation. The data can only be visually rendered or displayed matching your requirement , whereas the whole table will be considered as a single template (row) thus preventing you from performing row wise, column wise or cell based operations. (eg : To get data of a particular row etc).  

Please find the UG for SfListView in Xamarin.Forms platform in the below link.
https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sflistview/overview

Regards, 
Suhasini 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon