We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Parameter with multi select not shown

Hi,if I try to add a parameter with multi select then dropdown is not shown. If I try this without the multi select enabled then the dropdown is shown. Single select: Multi select: If there is no multi select then everything is working. But if there is multi select then the report is stuck at loading and no drop down list is shown. Here is my configuration for the parameter: The option of default values is set to none. Is there an option to set to get it working?Thanks. Regards,Patrick

10 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team April 4, 2017 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion components. 

We were able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. A support incident has been created under your account and we request you to login into our Direct Trac support system for further updates on this issue. Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link: 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

GK Gregory Kohle April 4, 2017 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

thanks for your reply.
I also noticed, that when I want to add a parameter with a datetime datatype or integer datatype, an error occurs.

Shift is an integer parameter. Here is the configuration:

Is there something that I configured in the wrong way?

Here is the datetime configuration:

This is the error message:

Is there something that I have to configure in another way?

Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team April 5, 2017 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We suspect that the error occurs due to the dataset field datatype mismatch with the query parameter. So, we request you to ensure both the dataset field and query parameters having same data type. If you still face any issue then we request you to share the report with dummy data to reproduce the issue at our end. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

GK Gregory Kohle April 5, 2017 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I checked the values and they are of the same type.
I attached the report with a test database.
You just have to add "and Layernum in (@Shift)" at the end of the query for DataSet1 to get the error.
For the datetime value you can change EvalDate > '02.01.2017' to EvalDate > (@Startdate) and the error should be there.
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

Attachment: Error_Report_505a5cd1.zip

GK Gregory Kohle April 7, 2017 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

could you reproduce the error using the report and the test database?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team April 7, 2017 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We have tested the shared report with your database and we were not facing any issue while processing the query parameter in our report designer. We have prepared a video sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the following location. 

Also, for the parameter “Shift” the value field of “Available Value” is “Layernum” and the value field of “Default Value” is “ShiftName” so it throws an exception while running the report in both Microsoft report builder and in our report designer. So, we modified the data field “Layernum” in available and default value of the parameter and the modified report can be downloaded from the following location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

GK Gregory Kohle April 10, 2017 05:19 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

thank your for the response.
What I noticed in the video is that you use a hardcoded value for the date and shift parameter.
When I use this in the report then it is working on my side as well.
This problem occurs only when I use [@Shift] or [@Startdate] as the parameter value.
Thank you for pointing out the problem with the default and available values for "layernum".

I hope this will help you reproduce the issue.
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team April 10, 2017 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We must provide any static parameter values to the pop up showed in query designer to retrieve column details for the data set. When run the report, it will automatically retrieves the data from dataset based on the parameters. We have tested the query parameter value as in your snap with MS report builder it shows the same error in data type conversion, please refer the below screenshot. 

So, we request you to use the static default values while run in query designer. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

GK Gregory Kohle April 10, 2017 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

thanks for your answer.
I got it working now.
You just have to convert it like this:
convert(varchar, DBParameter) in (@ReportParam)

Regards,
Patrick

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2017 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon