We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dock Window Tab Image

Hi, Is there any way of displaying just an image on a dock window tab (no text) while still maintaining the text caption for the dock window? Is it possible to display the same tab image to the left of the dock window caption? TIA, Scott.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 16, 2004 06:46 PM UTC

Hi Scott, 1. I have attached a sample_application that shows how you could display only the image (and no text) on the auto-hidden docking window tab, by handling the DockingManager''s DockStateChanged event. Please refer to it and let me know if this works for you. 2. I am afraid, it is not possible to do so in the present architecture of the docking windows framework. However, we could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SC Scott April 16, 2004 11:13 PM UTC

Hi Guru, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately as I stated in my question I need to maintain the caption in the "Title bar" of the dock window. Your sample essentially does the same thing as removing the dock label at design time. I do believe that having the flexibility to display the image only for tabs when the dock windows are auto hidden or in a docked-tabbed state is important. In other words seperating the window caption from the tab label. The answer to the second question is fair. I was wondering what boundaries I could push! I can live without that feature. Best regards, Scott.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2004 01:00 AM UTC

Hi Scott, Thanks for the update. The sample correctly displays only the image when auto-hidden, and displays the DockLabel when docked. But the docking window does not display the DockLabel when the docking window is sliding in or out (autohiding animation). This is not possible in the current form of docking windows framework. We could consider this (separation of tab label from dock label) also as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon