We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Horizontal scrolling with mouse wheel

I am upgrading Syncfusion used in a C#/.NET project from v7 to v13.3.

Before the upgrade, the mouse wheel behaviour is as follows:

Visible Scroll Bar in GridContolMouse Wheel BehaviourShift + Mouse Wheel Behaviour
Horizontal Scroll Bar onlyHorizontal scrollHorizontal scroll
Vertical Scroll Bar onlyVertical scrollVertical scroll
Horizontal Scroll Bar + Vertical Scroll BarVertical scrollHorizontal scroll

However after the upgrade this behaviour is as follows:

Visible Scroll Bar in GridContolMouse Wheel BehaviourShift + Mouse Wheel Behaviour
Horizontal Scroll Bar onlyNothing happenedNothing happened
Vertical Scroll Bar onlyVertical scrollVertical scroll
Horizontal Scroll Bar + Vertical Scroll BarVertical scrollNothing happened

Q1. Can I know how to bring back the horizontal scroll behaviour when there is only horizontal scroll bar?
Q2. In addition, can I know if there is any support of tilt wheel to scroll horizontally?

3 Replies

MG Mohanraj Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Angus, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Please find your response in below table 
Query 
Solution 
Can I know how to bring back the horizontal scroll behaviour when there is only horizontal scroll bar? 
We can reproduce your scenario at our end. So, we will fix this issue and include this fix in our upcoming release 2017 Vol2. 
In addition, can I know if there is any support of tilt wheel to scroll horizontally? 
In order to scroll the scrollbar horizontally and vertically, you can use the VerticalScroll event. Please refer to the below code example and the sample, 

Code example 
this.gridControl1.VerticalScroll+=gridControl1_VerticalScroll; 

private void gridControl1_VerticalScroll(object sender, ScrollEventArgs e) 
{ 
    this.gridControl1.HScrollBar.Value = e.NewValue;  
} 

Sample link: GridControl 

Note: 
Also, the GridControl having the Intelli-Mouse panning support. Please refer the below UG, 

Regards, 
Mohanraj G 

HA Hatim replied to Mohanraj Gunasekaran September 22, 2017 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Angus, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Please find your response in below table 
Query 
Solution 
Can I know how to bring back the horizontal scroll behaviour when there is only horizontal scroll bar? 
We can reproduce your scenario at our end. So, we will fix this issue and include this fix in our upcoming release 2017 Vol2. 
In addition, can I know if there is any support of tilt wheel to scroll horizontally? 
In order to scroll the scrollbar horizontally and vertically, you can use the VerticalScroll event. Please refer to the below code example and the sample, 

Code example 
this.gridControl1.VerticalScroll+=gridControl1_VerticalScroll; 

private void gridControl1_VerticalScroll(object sender, ScrollEventArgs e) 
{ 
    this.gridControl1.HScrollBar.Value = e.NewValue;  
} 

Sample link: GridControl 

Note: 
Also, the GridControl having the Intelli-Mouse panning support. Please refer the below UG, 

Regards, 
Mohanraj G 

Hi There,

The ability to upgrade the version of Syncfusion is not there for us. Is there a way that I can get a patch in the current version for this? 

We have moved from V 7 to V13.3 the same and are experiencing the same issue and are looking for a fix.

Hatim

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team September 25, 2017 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Hatim, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have created a support incident for the reported query for better follow-up under your account. Please follow-up with that incident. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon