We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Memory Leak on calendar navigation

Hi,
I'm developing an UWP app that is using one of your controller, and it's about SfSchedule. I saw there is a problem with navigation inside scheduler and also with the rendering the appointments on interface. I will talk about each of these problems independent in this thread (Scenario 1 and Scenario 2)

1. Shcheduler memory leak on navigation from calendar arrows (Scenario 1)
In SfSchedule there are two arrows at the top of the controller that allow users to navigate to previous or next (day / week / month). In my aplication I saw that the memory keep encreasing very much till an end point where the app is unable to work properly. Exactly the app is working slowly and the interaction with user is very bad. Also I tried some trics to avoid this inconvenient and there I found that if I call MoveToDate() method from scheduler, there is no memory leak. Same time I made two custom buttons and on click event I call Backward() and Forward() method from SfSchedule, and same thing, there is no problem. In the scheduler I have a lots of appointments and I saw that the difference between using my custom buttons and scheduler buttons is about 40 MB (given that there I did not applied any template on appointments, just setting the subject). I attached to this thread an demo app that illustrate this issue, and to test it, the scenario is simple: do 10 navigation forward using my custom buttons and after that make 20 navigation backwart using, same, my custom buttons and the same time monitors the memory using Task Manager or Visual Studio Diagnostic Tools. Restart the application and repeat the scenario using the default scheduler navigation buttons (same number of navigation, 10 forward and 20 backward). Monitor the memory in this scenario and compare with the results before. I mention that in my app I use a custom template and the difference between these two scenario is about ~80 MB, and there is one more thing about template, I'm using my custom class that iherit ScheduleAppointment, but I don't think there is a problem because I tried this scenarion inside the demo app attached to this thread and there the results were the same. Is there a solution to avoit creating my custom buttons for scheduler navigation?

2. Scheduler incomplet template rendering on interface (Scenario 2)
I start my app by Setting SchedulerType to ScheduleType.Day, and there is one day visible on my screen, but when I change my ScheduleType to ScheduleType.Week or ScheduleType.WorkWeek  there is one problem, my appointments are not rendered correctly, and I mean that There is no template for the rest of my appointments, only for appointments for the day that I saw before. I attached two images to show you what I'm talking about. If I make a refresh on the scheduler appointments they are rendered correctly, but when I repeat the scenarion, by changing the SchedulerType from Day to Week there the bug reappears. Very important, that is happenning only when app start for the first time. Is something there that I miss?

Thank you in advice!

Pavel Marius Iulian

Attachment: AppointmentsRenderBug_c7309462.rar

1 Reply

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Pavel Marius Iulian, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this query. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards, 
Subburaj Pandian V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon