We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Taking much time to find particular value in 64 million rows and 200 columns grid

Hi All,

In One of my application uses gridcontrol , i have method "Find all" which is going to find all instances of the value given as parameter .
I have 64 million rows and 200 columns .
So in order to search data i am going through 2 for loops but its taking huge time around 6 to 7 hr to complete the search.
I have to reduce the searching time .
Is there is method it will give directly row and column numbers of the data to be searched or any algorithm can be used to reduce the time of searching?

1 Reply

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team March 21, 2017 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Rohith, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

By default, using “for loop” to search data from GridControl will take more time when the Grid has many records. This is the behavior of searching text in grid. If you want to highlight the searched data, PrepareViewStyleInfo event can be used. Please make use of below code and sample 

Code snippet 

//Event triggering 
this.gridControl1.PrepareViewStyleInfo += GridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo; 

//Event customization 
private void GridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) 
{ 
    if (e.RowIndex > 0 && e.ColIndex > 0) 
    { 
        if (e.Style.Text == textBox1.Text) 
        { 
            e.Style.BackColor = Color.LightBlue; 
        } 
    } 
} 

Screenshot 

Note: 
The grid has the support for find and replace the cell values. But it will also take some more time if the grid has more number of records. Please refer to the below UG for further references, 

Dash Board Sample: <Install Location> \Syncfusion\EssentialStudio[Version Number]\Windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\Interactive Features\Find and Replace 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon