We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Apply paging with ajax

The data source has large records ,so how to apply paging and get only the data for current page from the server?

regards,

Omar Ramadan

5 Replies

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team March 20, 2017 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Omar, 
At present, there is no support to get current page data from server side. For this we have already logged a feature request regarding this. 
A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

OR Omar Ramadan March 26, 2017 09:59 AM UTC

Thank you for response

I think it will become critical not feature in large data case , as it takes so long time to load and the browser becomes  not responding in some processing as searching, so
Syncfusion treegrid will not achieve the basic functionality for user

regards,

Omar Ramadan

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Omar, 

Please find the below response. 

In TreeGrid, we can use large data by enabling the properties “allowPaging” and “enableVirtualization” for enabling the paging and virtualization respectively in TreeGrid. We use “load at once” approach to render the data in TreeGrid, where all the data from the server will be fetched once and will be rendered, but currently there is no support to get current page data from server side using Ajax and we have considered this feature as high priority, it will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. 

We have also analyzed the loading performance of TreeGrid with large data source. Please refer following performance table of TreeGrid with different browsers in both optimized modes. 

Tested records count: 10,000 records 
Browser 
Virtualization Mode(millisecond) 
Paging Mode (millisecond) 
Chrome  
600 - 630 
500 – 580  
IE 
2230 - 2280 
2300 – 2400  
Firefox 
800 - 900 
850 - 950 

We have prepared samples for the both virtualization & paging. Please find the sample location as below, 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

JE Jon E April 4, 2017 01:26 PM UTC

Hi,
I have to agree with Omar that paging is a critical requirement.
I am struggling with paging templates at the moment and think that the issues relate to this.

Taking your argument against paging I would question whether 10K records were delivered locally or over the internet.  And what happens when there is 500K records?  The one thing I would say is that it is one thing paging a grid because of the nice simple non hierarchical data but for grid data to be paged, well that is a big question of how you do it!

Also I am a firm believer in making the grid and treegrid controls work the same basic way...

Regards

Jon

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team April 5, 2017 04:06 PM UTC

Hi Jon, 
In TreeGrid, we are constructing hierarchical data structure to maintain parent-child relationship and as we said earlier, Treegrid have only “load at once” approach to fetch data from server side. So, it takes sometimes to load large data. 
Currently, we are working on “load on demand” approach, it will fetch only the current page data from the server side. This approach will reduce the time delay of pagination for large data.  
We are considered this feature as high priority and it will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon