We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Paging in GridGroupingControl

Hi

I am using gridgrouping control in win form application and setting data source using a win form binding source. The binding source is programmatically populated in the code using a list.

List modelList=new List();
modelList.Add.....
bindingSource1.DataSource = modelList;

gridcontrol.DataSource=bindingSource1;

Now I want to implement remote paging. Fetch 10 records and total record count from api and bind records to grid and record count to a pager. On navigating to previous/next page get records again from api and bind the grid and pager. Is this possible or can you help me out with any other ways of implementing as I have large dataset and cannot fetch all data from single call from server.

Thanks for your help in advance.

3 Replies

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Satheesh, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We could able to understand your scenario. As per paging support in GridGroupingControl, the number of pages count will be declared by the total records count of grid and by default, the records of the current page will be loaded on demand only in grid when moves to next page based on PageSize. This is the default behaviour of Paging.  

The paging in grid does not have direct support for loading the records on demand. Already we have logged feature report for “Loading the records for each page on demand directly from the server”. This feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

SK Satheesh Kumar March 16, 2017 07:26 AM UTC

Thanks for the response. Please update as soon as the feature is available.

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 17, 2017 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Satheesh, 

Thanks for the update. 

We regret to let you know that currently we don’t have plan for implementing this feature in our next release. As we updated earlier, the reported feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases. 

Thanks for your understandings. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon