We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Gorilla Player

Is there any way I can use Gorilla Player, sfListView and a datatemplateselector together.

It would be nice if I can use Gorilla Player with syncfusion to design the templates.

A sample project would be great if possible?

Regards
Jason

4 Replies

EM Emil March 11, 2017 04:43 PM UTC

Hey Jason,

I believe that this is nothing to do with Syncfusion. Gorilla player should support 3rd party. but they dont as last time I checked it.
Same for xamarin xaml previewer

Cheers,

Emil

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 05:58 PM UTC

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the Gorilla Player with SfListView control and it is not working as you reported. So, we have tried with the Custom controls(customized a Label in PCL and in corresponding renderer) in Gorilla Player and seems that it is not working with Xamarin Forms too. So, we have raised a support ticket regarding this to the Gorilla Player support team. And, we will let you know the further updates once they have resolved the reported issue. 

You can keep track the status of this issue in the following link: 

However, we have provided support for “SfListView in Xamarin Previewer(Designer)” by which you can achieve your requirement “Design the data templates with SfListView” using Xamarin Forms Previewer which enables you to see a live preview of your XAML page without having to run it on a simulator or device and the support will be included in our upcoming 2017 Volume 1 SP 2 release which is scheduled to be rolled by end of this month. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

IO IoTFier October 2, 2018 09:09 PM UTC

Hi Dinesh and SF team,
I am also using Gorilla from UXDivers while using Syncfusion controls SfTabView.
Apparently, I'm facing some challenges in making use of SfTabView including the garbage collection around SfTabView
You can refer to my other ticket created in the link below -
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/140170/system-objectdisposedexception-39sftabview39
I would appreciate your input on that ticket.

Can you please validate my steps below that I have used to register SfTabView in MainActivity.cs and AppDelegate.cs - ?
1. MainActivity.cs (OnCreate(Bundle bundle)
//Register Syncfusion Controls

//TabView
//.RegisterAssemblyFromType()
//.RegisterAssembly(typeof(Syncfusion.XForms.TabView.SfTabView).Assembly)
.RegisterAssembly(typeof(Syncfusion.XForms.TabView.SfTabView).Assembly)
2. AppDelegate.cs
//Register Syncfusion Controls
//TabView
.RegisterAssembly(typeof(Syncfusion.XForms.TabView.SfTabView).Assembly)
Thanks

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team October 4, 2018 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Nilesh, 

Can you please refer forum 140170 for further followups regarding the TabView queries to have a separate followup. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon