We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

EJ:Schedule - Server Side API Methods/Event Handlers

Hello,

I am trying out the Schedule control and trying to have it communicate with the server-side of a project of mine. All of my code & support is in C# libraries/files. I have read through various portions of Syncfusion's documentation and resources sections (ASP.NET, JavaScript, etc.) and I am struggling severely to get an instance of the Schedule control to work with my existing code structure.

First Question: Are there any server-side API's for the Schedule control?

Second Question: Is there a comprehensive and detailed documentation (including extensive examples) of the aforementioned server-side API's (if any exist)?

Third Question: Are there any API's that allow for communication of the client-side JavaScript files/functions OR Schedule controls's numerous arguments/data to the server-side?

Fourth Question: For any API's (client-side or server-side) is there a list of members, methods, and events that have detailed examples of how to use them/they are used?

Please and thanks,
Matt

3 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team March 10, 2017 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Matt, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please find the following responses for your queries. 

Query1 

Yes, there are serve side events for Schedule like its client side events. Kindly refer the below video demo to know about the server side events and their arguments. 

Query2 

Currently there is no document for server side events and it is mandatory to include the below script file to invoke the server side events.  

<Code> 
<script src="http://cdn.syncfusion.com/14.4.0.20/js/common/ej.webform.min.js"></script> 
</Code> 

Query3 & Query4 

Below link will explains about the Schedule client side events and its argument. ASP server side events argument will be similar to it and refer the above video demo which explains about the  OnServerAppointmentClick event argument.  

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

MM Matt Micheletti March 10, 2017 06:00 PM UTC

Hello Karthigeyan,

Thank you for your help.Server-side API Documentation should be made because those events can be critical to specific projects. Your demo actually explained a lot to me and allowed me to find methods I was looking for. I never saw the "OnServer..." events in my properties window in VS for some reason, but after I manually inserted one, the rest showed up. Thanks! :)

I have another question about server side events. Is there a "OnServer..." event that triggers when navigation occurs in the schedule? I use the JavaScript "Navigation" event, but I have to do a nasty trick to reload my data structure on the server by manually forcing a post-back. it would be better to use a server-side event function to avoid future issues, but I could not find one.

Please and thanks,
Matt

SE Sellakumar Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your update. 

As per your requirement, server side events are possible during navigation. By using “OnServerNavigation” server side event, while navigating the dates or views in schedule the server events will trigger. We had prepared a sample based on your requirement, which can be downloaded from the following location: 

Kindly check the above sample and revert us with further details, if we have misunderstood your requirement.  

Regards, 
Sellakumar K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon