We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RTE and unsorted list from word

Hello,

i read a word-document  (docx) with the code in the samples into an rte-control. Then I have the possibility to download a word-file from the rte. Works good except:

Unsorted lists are obscured somehow. In the RTE the distances are to big(I have a case, where it even "gulps" the first letters of the text after the dot) between the lines.

When I then download the file either the UL is still obscured or the result misses the UL-Dots.

This even works with the samples provided. You can try it yourself with the doc in the zip.file. Perhabs someone has a solution?

Attachment: example_879d9a5f.zip

5 Replies

GG Gopi Govindasamy Syncfusion Team March 10, 2017 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Carsten,    

We have checked your reported scenario and imported your document and it was not obscured. By default, when you import a document into RTE, it will perform xhtml validation before inserting it. In xhtml validation, the elements without proper xhtml format will be removed and after validation the element will be imported in RTE.   

Please let us know if you need any other help.   

Regards,   
Gopi G.   

CW Carsten Wuttke March 10, 2017 10:15 AM UTC

Hello Gopi,

thats true. In this document it doesn't gulp the first letters. I have another one, where it does. Sadly I can't offer this for tests.

Where it gets obscured is the "download"-Part. Meaning: Out of the RTE I create with DOCIO a Word-Doc. There the UL misses its dots. If this is because of the XHTML-Validation then thats not good.

Regards,
Carsten

GG Gopi Govindasamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Carsten,    

We were not able to reproduce the reported issue for RTE export document UL missing(dots). We have checked your scenario for RTE export word document ul not missing(dots) maintained in the document. We tried your attached document, and the issue was not reproduced. We have prepared a video and attached the link.    

Regards,   
Gopi G.   

CW Carsten Wuttke March 14, 2017 03:54 PM UTC

Hello,

thx for the vid. But I found the problem:
You are using Chrome aren't you? I am using Firefox as default browser. Well. Tried in in IE. There all goes well. I tried it with Firefox again. The error was there again. Sadly I couldn't open the localhost in Edge. So I tried your demos-Website. Wow. Looks different in Edge. (see screen) Also there is no Problem after Export. So seems that Firefox makes probs. Can you confirm?

Regards,
Carsten

Attachment: edge_c2594ac7.zip

GG Gopi Govindasamy Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Carsten,  

We have checked RTE export document in firefox browser and we are unable reproduced the reported issue, and the shared details are not sufficient to understood your requirement, so could you please provide us more details to achieve your requirement? So, that we would be able to investigate further on your requirement and provide you a better solution. 

Regards, 
Gopi G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon