We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug treegrid drag and drop not working

Hi, can you please look at this from a 3 rd party computer, so your cache and settings are not the same

I tried even your demo page of the treegrid drag and drop they do not work either
Video Link

I have tried it on 3 different computers browsers, still does not work,
 the jquery is old at 3.0, it should be 3.1 on the demo page and sample page, but this still has not fixed it

5 Replies

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team March 9, 2017 05:37 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 
Please find the response below, 
The drag and drop preview tooltip will be visible on mouse click and hold (or touch and hold) with a time delay. Once the preview tooltip is displayed, now the row can be dragged and dropped at desired row position. Make sure that mouse pointer should not move within the time delay. 
Please refer following demo video, 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

ME Megatron March 9, 2017 06:32 PM UTC

Hello, thanks for the explanation.

I see the same drag drop issue with Chrome also. Are there any options to ensure it works like the regular drag drop.

thanks

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team March 10, 2017 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 
We are regret to say that it is not possible to change the behavior of drag and drop. 
Because when we drag a record on regular mouse down this will conflict with scroll action, so we provided a time delay to differentiate the drag and drop action. 
Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

ME Megatron March 11, 2017 12:42 AM UTC

Thanks for the explanation, I now understand there is a conflict with the scroll event.

1) This can easily be solved with the use of a drag handle on the row, and hand icon.  The way this works is is simple, if user hovers/clicks/drag/selects the row on the drag handle then its not scroll, but drag drop event - so directly attach the DnD listener.

Here are some samples. I think the drag drop performance would see a huge boost

2) Similarly, I also want to change css for the grouping-bar css the same in the tree grid and grid - can I put a background image. like an Icon or a texture.
How can I put cross lines The grouping area like this (ignore the text) and see the bottom area.

thanks

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 06:04 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 
We have analyzed the given requirement and planned to improve some behavior changes in drag & drop. Hence, we have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Jayakumar D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon