We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Toggle Tooltip being shown and rendering issues on mobile devices.

Hey Guys,

I have 2 quick questions about the Tooltip control:

1. Can I toggle tooltips being displayed on the page? I am currently using them to show new users what different buttons do on the site but I want to give them the option to turn off Tooltips once they are familiar with the layout.

2. I have a series of tooltips that are used on buttons that open bootstrap modals. When on desktop the tooltip will disapear when the modal is opened but on mobile devices the tooltip does not appear until i click somewhere on the modal. Is this how it is supposed to behave or is there a way I can automatically close the tooltip when the modal is opened?

Thanks,

Nate

1 Reply

KV Karthikeyan Viswanathan Syncfusion Team February 28, 2017 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Nate,    

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

Please find the response to your queries below.   

Query: “Can I toggle tooltips being displayed on the page?”   

Yes, you can toggle the display of tooltips using enable and disable public methods. Please refer to the below code snippet:   

<code>   

function showhide(args) {   
             (args.isChecked) ? $(".e-tooltip").ejTooltip("disable") : $(".e-tooltip").ejTooltip("enable");   
         }   
</code>   

Query: “Is this how it is supposed to behave or is there a way I can automatically close the tooltip when the modal is opened?”   

Before the modal is opened, you can close the tooltip using hide public method. Refer to the code snippet:   

<code>   
function btnclick(args) {   
             $(".e-tooltip").ejTooltip("hide");   
         }   
</code>   

Regards,   
Karthikeyan V.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon