We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DocIO UpdateDocumentFields() does not update custom fields on Title Page

I have created some CustomDocumentProperties inside my document. I set the values inside my code. However, itonly gets updated within the document. The same fieldsembedded on the title page do not get updated. Is there a workaround to this? Here is my code:
MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream();
//Save the document into memory stream
document.CustomDocumentProperties["ProjectName"].Value = curProject.ProjectName;
document.CustomDocumentProperties["CustomerName"].Value = curProject.CompanyName;
document.CustomDocumentProperties["ProjectDescription"].Value = curProject.ProjectDescription;
document.UpdateDocumentFields(); ///this works for fields only within the document. The same fields embedded in the title page do not work
document.Save(memoryStream, FormatType.Docx);

4 Replies

SS Sree Sundaram February 23, 2017 06:38 AM UTC

Here is some additional information. The custom fields were actually embedded inside a textbox of the title page.  The rest of the fields were directly embedded in the document.  I modified the title page to remove the textboxes and embedded the custom fields directly into the document.  The workaround is fine with me but just as an FYI to the development team, embedded fields inside of a Text Box do not automatically update on document opening. I need to explicitly update the fields.

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team February 23, 2017 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Sree,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

A support incident to track the status of your query has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates,

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login

Please let us know if you need further clarifications regarding this.

Regards,
Sethumanikkam.Y

MB Morten B November 27, 2017 02:04 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm having a probleme like the one described in this topic.

Is there a fix avaliable ? If so, what version will include fix and what file names ?

(currently using version 14.1460.0.41 of  Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll)

thank you

MJ Mohanaselvam Jothi Syncfusion Team November 28, 2017 06:13 AM UTC

Hi Morten,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

Is there a fix available?

Yes. We are glad to inform you that the reported issue has been already fixed and the fix is included in our 2017 Volume 1 SP 2 v15.1.0.41 release.

You can download our latest version Essential Studio 2017 Volume 4 Release v15.4.0.17. from the following link.
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/134428/essential-studio-2017-volume-4-release-v15-4-0-17-is-available-for-download

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mohanaselvam J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon