We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Horizontal position or order of ToolStripEx controls in designer

I'm hoping that this is an easy one! When I try to change the horizontal order of a toolstripex on a ribbonpanel  in the designer by dragging the control it won't stick in the new position and jumps back to its original position. I can't find a setting in properties that enables this and would appreciate it if anyone would help me with this presumably simple task. Thanks.

2 Replies

RR Rhodri Richards February 17, 2017 11:56 AM UTC

As a work-around I can simply leave the ToolStripEx's where they are and move the buttons etc. in them to the ToolStripEx in the required position and then re-name the ToolStripEx; this doesn't seem like the best solution but may be how it is supposed to work.

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team February 20, 2017 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Rhodri, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

In RibbonControlAdv, we have arranged the ToolStripEx inside the panel from left to right direction. Therefore, ToolStripEx order cannot be modified by drag and drop the control. As your request is to rearrange the created ToolStripEx, we recommend you to change the ToolStripEx location by modify the order of ToolStripEx which has been added into the panel of ToolStripTabItem in “Form.designer.cs” as like below code. 

Code Example[C#]: 
//To rearrange the ToolStripEx in different locations 
this.toolStripTabItem1.Panel.Controls.Add(toolStripEx4); 
this.toolStripTabItem1.Panel.Controls.Add(toolStripEx1); 
this.toolStripTabItem1.Panel.Controls.Add(toolStripEx2); 

We have prepared a simple sample in which we have modified the order of ToolStripEx in  “Form1.designer.cs” and and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon