Thank you for the patience.
The reported feature “Automatically fit the item height based on content” has been completed and included in this release. Also, we are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 2, 2017 (Version 188.8.131.52) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.
For your reference, we have attached the sample which automatically arranges the item height based on the content and you can download it from the below link.
The following documentation illustrates you to how to use the AutoFitMode property and to customize the item size on demand in SfListView.
In order to dynamically adjust the size of the items, you need to define the AutoFitMode property as “Height”. SfListView has two types of AutoFitMode as listed below,
* Height - Autofit the item based on its content and consider the height of the item when vertical Orientation. For horizontal orientation, consider the width of the item. If GridLayout, after autofit all items in a row, it will take the maximum item height in that row and applies to all other items in the row.
* None - SfListView items are layout by ItemSize.
Customize size of an item on demand
To customize the size of an item on demand, you can use the QueryItemSize event and define the size for that particular item. This event is raised whenever an item comes into view.
QueryItemSize event provides the following properties in their arguments:
* ItemIndex - This property helps you to identify a item based on its index in SfListView.
* ItemData - This property helps you to identify a underlying data bounded to that item
* ItemSize - The size of the queried item. For vertical orientation, it will be considered as item height and for horizontal orientation, it will be considered as item width.
* ItemType - The item type of queried item.
* Handled - This property decides whether the specified size can be set to item or not. The default value is false. When this property is not set, the decided size is not set to the item.
We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.
Dinesh Babu Yadav