We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Context actions?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

128758 Feb 9,2017 05:03 PM UTC Jan 4,2018 09:24 AM UTC Xamarin.Forms 5
Tags: SfListView
Hani Al-Omair
Asked On February 9, 2017 05:03 PM UTC

Hello,

Does SfListView support context actions like the original Xamarin listview? I couldn't find anything regarding this in the documentation.

Thank you

Dinesh Babu Yadav [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 10, 2017 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Hani, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently SfListView do not have support for Context Action and we have already considered this as feature request. We are implementing the Context Action feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming release. However, you can achieve your requirement “Context Action in SfListView” by the workaround in sample level and for your reference we have attached the sample and you can download it from the below link. 

In the above sample, the context menu with options as Sort and Delete is pop up when the item is long pressed and you can sort or delete the items on tapping the desired option in the context menu. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav  

Chase Florell
Replied On July 5, 2017 09:18 PM UTC

Hi Hani, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently SfListView do not have support for Context Action and we have already considered this as feature request. We are implementing the Context Action feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming release. However, you can achieve your requirement “Context Action in SfListView” by the workaround in sample level and for your reference we have attached the sample and you can download it from the below link. 

In the above sample, the context menu with options as Sort and Delete is pop up when the item is long pressed and you can sort or delete the items on tapping the desired option in the context menu. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav  

Is there a schedule / ETA on this feature? I took a look at the attached example and feel it's not really a usable work-around. I would love the ability to do left/right swipe on iOS and have a typical context action bar on Android (no opinion on UWP).

Here's a simple prototype idea I had for how it should work.

https://gist.github.com/ChaseFlorell/2eaa7cb2865327e3e4cf730b165b76c9

By leveraging the already existing Order="Primary" We could use Primary==Left & Secondary==Right for iOS, and the default Primary/Secondary behavior on the Toolbar for Android.

Replied On July 6, 2017 03:13 PM UTC

Hi Chase,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we do not have support for “Contextual Menu in SfListView”. We have already considered this as feature request and added it to our feature request list. The reported feature is a tentative feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented. 

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Matthias Bruzek
Replied On January 3, 2018 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Chase,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we do not have support for “Contextual Menu in SfListView”. We have already considered this as feature request and added it to our feature request list. The reported feature is a tentative feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented. 

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

What is the current state of this feature? I am using the latest version of the community license and there is no support for context actions yet. This Thread is nearly a year old, has there been any progress?

I like the API Chase Florell suggested, would love to see this feature in one of the next releases. As improvement maybe you could make the ContextActions bindable.

If you were OS I would be glad to contribute...

Replied On January 4, 2018 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Matthias, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are implementing the reported feature at our end with high priority and it will be available in our upcoming 2018 Volume 1 main release. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented and rolled out in the release. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;