We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Context actions?

Hello,

Does SfListView support context actions like the original Xamarin listview? I couldn't find anything regarding this in the documentation.

Thank you

9 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team February 10, 2017 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Hani, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently SfListView do not have support for Context Action and we have already considered this as feature request. We are implementing the Context Action feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming release. However, you can achieve your requirement “Context Action in SfListView” by the workaround in sample level and for your reference we have attached the sample and you can download it from the below link. 

In the above sample, the context menu with options as Sort and Delete is pop up when the item is long pressed and you can sort or delete the items on tapping the desired option in the context menu. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav  

CF Chase Florell replied to Dinesh Babu Yadav July 5, 2017 09:18 PM UTC

Hi Hani, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently SfListView do not have support for Context Action and we have already considered this as feature request. We are implementing the Context Action feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming release. However, you can achieve your requirement “Context Action in SfListView” by the workaround in sample level and for your reference we have attached the sample and you can download it from the below link. 

In the above sample, the context menu with options as Sort and Delete is pop up when the item is long pressed and you can sort or delete the items on tapping the desired option in the context menu. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav  

Is there a schedule / ETA on this feature? I took a look at the attached example and feel it's not really a usable work-around. I would love the ability to do left/right swipe on iOS and have a typical context action bar on Android (no opinion on UWP).

Here's a simple prototype idea I had for how it should work.

https://gist.github.com/ChaseFlorell/2eaa7cb2865327e3e4cf730b165b76c9

By leveraging the already existing Order="Primary" We could use Primary==Left & Secondary==Right for iOS, and the default Primary/Secondary behavior on the Toolbar for Android.

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team July 6, 2017 03:13 PM UTC

Hi Chase,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we do not have support for “Contextual Menu in SfListView”. We have already considered this as feature request and added it to our feature request list. The reported feature is a tentative feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented. 

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

MB Matthias Bruzek replied to Dinesh Babu Yadav January 3, 2018 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Chase,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we do not have support for “Contextual Menu in SfListView”. We have already considered this as feature request and added it to our feature request list. The reported feature is a tentative feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented. 

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

What is the current state of this feature? I am using the latest version of the community license and there is no support for context actions yet. This Thread is nearly a year old, has there been any progress?

I like the API Chase Florell suggested, would love to see this feature in one of the next releases. As improvement maybe you could make the ContextActions bindable.

If you were OS I would be glad to contribute...

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team January 4, 2018 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Matthias, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are implementing the reported feature at our end with high priority and it will be available in our upcoming 2018 Volume 1 main release. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented and rolled out in the release. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JO John December 7, 2018 07:29 PM UTC

Perhaps, I'm missing something.  I can add the Context Action in a SfListview ViewCell, but the menu item never appears during a Long Press.  Have Context Actions not been fully implemented in SfListView?

XAML snip shown here:

<ViewCell.ContextActions>
                        <MenuItem x:Name="miPlay" Clicked="MiPlay_Clicked" CommandParameter="{Binding .}" Text="Play"/>
</ViewCell.ContextActions>

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team December 10, 2018 06:38 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for Contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have checked the reported query “ContextAction with ViewCell not showing the menu items” from our side. We does not have a direct support to achieve using ContextAction from ViewCell. However, You can achieve your requirement by using custom view when you do long press. 

We have already documented about this in our UG documentation and KB. You can refer the below link: 

We have attached the sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location. 

Please let us know if you would require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

JO John December 10, 2018 05:39 PM UTC

Thank-you.  I've seen these articles.  I had assumed that since no errors were thrown, and some of the previous posts indicated that this was a supported feature it should work.  My mistake.  Any plans on fully supporting it.  The native Xamarin Listview has this functionality.

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 12:25 PM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for the update. 

We regret to let you know that we are not having plan to implement this in our source. Since we does not have builtin support for Cell types like TextCell, ImageCell etc. as we can achieve everything via ItemTemplate. And ContextActions support can achieved in the sample level. You can refer the attached sample from our previous update.  

Please let us know if you would require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon