We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Zooming behaviour of RichEdit boxes

Hi, your Diagram component is really impressive. Congratulations! However I have found one issue that will hopefully be resolved soon: When changing the zoom factor of the diagram view the bounds of RichEdit element are adjusted correctly but the font size remains unchanged. Not''s not what I''d expect... Just make the whole thing a tad quicker (especially panning, moving and selecting elements) and I think you''ll have a extraordinary component. Regards, Alex.

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 16, 2004 08:22 PM UTC

Hi Alex, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I was able to view the condition with the RichTextNode and have logged a QA report. Though the turnaround time cannot be guaranteed, we will do our best to take care of this problem as soon as possible. Far as panning and moving elements, you can realize some improvement by temporarily turning off the Diagram''s LayoutGrid display. But we are aware of the performance issue and will try to improve this in future updates of Essential Diagram. Your compliment about the product is much appreciated. We will strive hard to make sure that you always remain satisfied with Syncfusion. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

CF Chuck Fields July 12, 2004 04:20 PM UTC

This is also causing problems for me. Actually it is more of a problem when I adjust the MeasurementScale so that I can print at varying zooms. I have noticed the problem with labels and textnodes. Is there a workaround available? Perhaps by catching a scale event and adjusting the font manually?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 13, 2004 07:11 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, The Diagram.PropertyChanged event is fired whenever the Diagram''s MeasurementScale property is changed. The event''s PropertyEventArgs parameter provides information about the affected property along with the new and old values. You can use this event to listen to scale changes and adjust the text node fonts accordingly. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

CF Chuck Fields July 13, 2004 11:06 PM UTC

I took a slightly different approach before I saw your reply and just came back to share what I did. I created inherited textNode and SymbolLabel classes. In both of these classes, I overrode the Draw method. In the draw method, I inspect the graphic objects PageScale property. I used this to adjust the font that is used for the DrawString call. This seems to work well. Perhaps a future feature could offer font scaling as an option on all text objects.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2004 11:49 AM UTC

Chuck, We already have scalable fonts logged down as a feature request, and will try to provide this functionality in a future version of Essential Diagram. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion, Inc.

AL alexander.kneer August 27, 2004 05:03 AM UTC

Hi! Prakash Surendra wrote: >We already have scalable fonts logged down as a feature request, and will try to provide this functionality in a future version of Essential Diagram. That''s good to hear. Is there a commitment about when we can expect that? As we''d love to replace MetaDraw.NET in our project, I was playing around with your Diagram (version 2.1.0.9) trying to work around the still present problem: Find attached a little solution that subclasses your RichTextNode to draw the RichText member as EMF metafile. This solves the zooming problem. Editing however is still wrong as you are not setting the ZoomFactor property of the RichTextBox accordingly while editing. I was too lazy to dig in those parts of your source... :-) Four more comments: 1) With your RichTextNode the rulers are overdrawn - the clipping has to be corrected 2) Doubleclicking RichTextNode and TextNode to open the node for editing does not work properly here - I sometimes manage to get there, but most of the time nothing happens. 3) When your RichTextBox is visible while editing using the scroll bars has an unpleasant effect. I hope that adding the planned control container feature to the view will make the RichTextBox scroll along with the rest of the document. This works pretty well for MetaDraw.NET 4) We have code to make the EMF/WMF transparent in case you''d need that Please increase the priority for the above shortcomings. There is really nothing managed available which compares to your Essential Diagram - the only alternative for me would be Visio integration (as MetaDraw.NET has too many limitations), but that would most likely leave me in deployment hell. ZoomRichText_9644.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2004 06:26 PM UTC

Hi Alex, Thank you for providing us with the EMF drawing code. I checked it out and it works great. We hope to integrate that into the RichEditNode''s drawing code for a future update of Essential Diagram. And, yes, the code for transparent rendering of the EMF would be much appreciated as well. As for editing the text node and scrolling while editing the node, we will definitely working on getting these issues fixed as soon as possible. While we cannot provide you with a definite timeline, please remain assured that this issue is of very high priority to the Essential Diagram team, and we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible. Please provide more details on your reference to the RichTextEditNode rulers being incorrectly clipped. Thanks, Prakash, Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2004 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Prakash, >Thank you for providing us with the EMF drawing code. I checked it out and it works great. Perfect! > We hope to integrate that into the RichEditNode''s drawing code for a future update of Essential Diagram. Cool, please do so. EMF has even bigger advantages when printing. We use iTextSharp to move the graphical content along with the EMFs (after adding placable headers) into our PDF exports. That''s great as the user is able to copy and paste the text from the PDF later. > And, yes, the code for transparent rendering of the EMF would be much appreciated as well. Extended sample project is attached: ZoomRichText_3383.zip > As for editing the text node and scrolling while editing the node, we will definitely working on getting these issues fixed as soon as possible. Ah, ok, as you have reproduced this one, the attached archive with screenshots contains a superfluous proove. :-) > While we cannot provide you with a definite timeline, please remain assured that this issue is of very high priority to the Essential Diagram team, and we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible. Sounds good enough to me. Keep up your good work! >Please provide more details on your reference to the RichTextEditNode rulers being incorrectly clipped. Just have a look at the other shot in the attached file: shots_4630.zip It shows a standard RichTextNode (not editing) being moved over the rulers by using the view''s scrollbars. This doesn''t happen with normal text nodes. Thanks for your attention and regards, Alex.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Alex, Thank you for sending your RichTextNode zooming code. We are looking into it and will integrate as much of it as is feasible to improve Essential Diagram''s zooming behavior. I am also looking into the scrolling issue and will log a QA report on it. Regards, Prakash, Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon