We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Query Regarding Bug ID 128595 and Spread Sheet record update Asynchronously.

Hello Syncfusion,

Our requirement is spread sheet in web application and your widget full fill our requirement but when we append some extra row in spread sheet i.e 

(We load 100 row in spread sheet and after some time we append 50 extra row in spread sheet but they not show in spread sheet) 

we also open one thread (128595) but it’s not solved our problem.

Please provide some solution as soon as possible client presentation date coming soon.

1 Reply

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team February 3, 2017 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Kuldeep,  

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.  

We have checked your requirement (“To update dataSource in an interval of 10 seconds after rendered ejSpreadsheet”) and it has been achieved.  Please refer the following code example.  

<div id="Spreadsheet"></div> 

var intervalId, response = [], newDataSource = []; 

//Datasource for inital binding 
        for (var i = 1; i <= 100; i++) 
            response.push({ ProductID: "Item" + i, …UnitsInStock: (10 * i) }); 

//Datasource for updating range after 10 seconds 
        for (var i = 101; i <= 150; i++) 
            newDataSource.push({ ProductID: "Item" + i…UnitsInStock: (10 * i) }); 

$(function () { 
            $("#Spreadsheet").ejSpreadsheet({ 
                sheets: [{ rangeSettings: [{ dataSource: response, startCell: "A1", showHeader: true }], }], /*response contain  100 records*/ 
                //.. 
            }); 

intervalId = setInterval(updateNewRecords, 10000); 
        }); 

updateNewRecords = function () { 
            var xlObj = $("#Spreadsheet").data("ejSpreadsheet"); 

settings = { dataSource: newDataSource, showHeader: false, startCell: "A102" }; 

// To update range of cells with the specified settings  
            xlObj.updateRange(1, settings); // 1 => Sheet Index 

xlObj.refreshSpreadsheet(); 
            //Clear the interval timer 
            clearInterval(intervalId); 
        } 

For your convenience, we have modified the given sample in our last update and the same can be downloaded from the below link,  

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us if we misunderstood your requirement so that we can analyze based on your scenario and provide you better solution quickly?  The information provided would be a great help for us to proceed further.  

Regards,  
Shanmugaraja K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon