We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

UWP release mode doesnt work

my application works fine in debug mode on uwp but once I change to release mode. All the syncfusion xamarin tools are not appearing. 

7 Replies

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team February 1, 2017 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have checked your query. This is a known framework issue in UWP platform. Custom controls will not render properly in the Release mode in UWP platform. We have already reported this issue in Bugzilla and you can refer the below Bugzilla report for more details about this issue. 

However, you can overcome this issue in sample level by initializing the SfDataGrid assemblies in App.xaml.cs in UWP project as in below code snippet. 

// In App.xaml.cs 

protected override void OnLaunched(LaunchActivatedEventArgs e) 
{ 
    // Do not repeat app initialization when the Window already has content, 
    // just ensure that the window is active 
    if (rootFrame == null) 
    { 
        // Create a Frame to act as the navigation context and navigate to the first page 
        rootFrame = new Frame(); 

rootFrame.NavigationFailed += OnNavigationFailed; 

List<Assembly> assembliesToInclude = new List<Assembly>(); 

//Now, add in all the assemblies your app uses 
        assembliesToInclude.Add(typeof(SfDataGridRenderer).GetTypeInfo().Assembly); 

//Also do this for all your other 3rd party libraries 

Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(e, assembliesToInclude); 

//Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(e); 

if (e.PreviousExecutionState == ApplicationExecutionState.Terminated) 
        { 
            //TODO: Load state from previously suspended application 
        } 

// Place the frame in the current Window 
        Window.Current.Content = rootFrame; 
    } 
} 

We have attached a simple sample with Release mode for your reference and you can download the same from the below location. 

Please refer the below UG link for more details, 

Regards, 
Divakar. 

BT Burak Tugan March 10, 2017 03:46 PM UTC

Divakar,

I have a question - what do you mean by the comment line in your sample stating that we should add all other 3rd party assemblies ? I have references to SfNavigationDrawer and various AWS dll's in the UWP project. Do I need to add any in to your workaround code ?

My problem is as follows - I have implemented pull to refresh in the PCL and it works very well on iOS but does not work in UWP. I am running the UWP in Debug mode and not in the Release mode.

Thank you.

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Halil,

Thanks for the update.

Regarding your first query "what do you mean by the comment line in your sample ? Do I need to add any in to your workaround code " , yes you have to add the renderers to the AssembliesToInclude list for all the controls that you are using , so that the control’s renderers are initialized and loaded properly without any crashes in release mode for UWP platform.

Regarding your second query of pull to refresh not working in SfDataGrid for UWP, we have checked the same from our side and is working properly for us. Please refer the video samples of the test from the below link.

Video Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/128607/ze/174897-1687052632

Kindly ensure that you have followed the steps mentioned in the below UG document on how to perform pull to refresh in SfDataGrid

UG link : https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfdatagrid/pull-to-refresh

If your issue persists, kindly revert us with a working sample replicating the issue and clear replication procedure. This will enable us to help you better and resolve your issue the soonest.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

ZU Zulu September 15, 2021 09:01 AM UTC

Is there some solution for a UWP C# desktop app? Not Xamarin

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 16, 2021 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Zulu, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We are not clear about your requirement. Could you please share your requirement/query with control name which would be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution as soon as possible. 

Meanwhile, you can refer our user guidance document regarding UWP DataGrid control in the following link, 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

ZU Zulu replied to Lakshmi Natarajan September 16, 2021 07:44 AM UTC

Hi Lakshmi,

I have a similar problem with sfchart control, in which, when I start my desktop uwp application in release mode, the chart is not displayed. In debug everything works fine.

I opened a request at  UWP - Chart not rendering in Release mode | UWP Forums | Syncfusion

Regards

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 17, 2021 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Zulu, 

Thank you for the update. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. As always we are happy to help you out. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon