We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Independent filters on columns in a grid \ pivotgrid

Hi,
I am new to Dashboard Designer and am trying to work out filtering. From what I can tell, filters can easily be applied to a dashboard as a whole however is it possible to filter independent columns in agrid and\or pivotgrid report?
For example:

Where in this example columns B, C, D, E would all need a different kind of filter (e.g. column B is filtered to a specific product for a specific year, column C is a specific brand for a specific year etc).
Is this possible, or would you need to create multiple reports on the same dashboard to achieve this result?
Thanks

3 Replies

RR Ranjani Ramalingam Syncfusion Team January 31, 2017 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Aaron, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product. 

Currently we don’t have Filtering based on independent column support for Grid widget. Below is the User Guide link for our ejGrid control which has the Filtering based on independent column support for your reference.  

Please do check the functionalities available and let us know the exact requirement. 

Regards, 
Ranjani R. 

AH Aaron Hoffmeister January 31, 2017 10:40 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I think you might have misunderstood my requirements.

The link you have provided for the ejGrid control provides filters for a column. This isn't what I need. What I need is the ability to have a each column in the report calculated (using filters) in different ways.

Using my example:

- Column A is a list of account names
- Column B is a sum of sales (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only count sales for Product X in the year 2016
- Column C is a sum of sales (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only count sales for a group of products (Brand Z) in the year 2016
- Column D is a count of calls (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only calls where call type = 'Phone Calls"
- Column E is a count of calls (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only calls where call type = 'Faxes"

As you can see, columns B-E all related to column A but are basically subqueries in that I want each column to be calculated in a different way based on a set of independent filters on each column.

How can I achieve this?

RR Ranjani Ramalingam Syncfusion Team February 1, 2017 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Aaron, 

We can achieve your requirement using expression fields in designer. We have created a excel with dummy data. Please find the below image. 

We have created an expressions as per your requirement. Please refer the below and you can filter the needed columns using expression fields as per your wish. 

1.       Column B is a sum of sales (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only count sales for Product X in the year 2016.  

2.   Column C is a sum of sales (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only count sales for a group of products (Brand Z) in the year 2016 

3. Column D is a count of calls (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only calls where call type = 'Phone Calls" 

4. Column E is a count of calls (for the account in column A) with a filter on the column to only calls where call type = 'Faxes". 

Likewise create the expression fields for filtering and drag the expression fields in column(s). The expression is true it returns the value if it is false returns 0. We have just create the sample with dummy data. Please find the below image after adding all the expression columns. 

Below is the User Guide link for Expression columns support for your reference.  

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Ranjani R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon