We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF links in document after conversion from Word

Hi,

I am attempting to create a PDF document with a flow layout, and link (bookmarks) inside the document, so you can navigate inside the document.
The problem is that in the PDF documents the links are visible (the cursor changes when I hover over it) but it does not work. When I inspect the link with Acrobat Professional, there does not seems to be a target for the link.

Currently I am first creating a Word document, and then converting it to a PDF, as suggested by the documentation for a flow layout( https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/pdf/working-with-flow-layout)

When I open the Word document, the links are there and they are working. If I convert the pdf then with the Word program (OpenOffice in my case), the links in the PDF document work correctly.

Any suggestions on how to make the links in the PDF work after the conversion ?

I create the links in the Word document with:

var entry = bookmarks.First();
paragraph.AppendCrossReference(ReferenceType.Bookmark, ReferenceKind.ContentText, entry, true, false, false, string.Empty);

The conversion:
var converter = new DocToPDFConverter();            
PdfDocument pdfDocument = converter.ConvertToPDF(wordDocument);

1 Reply

VR Vijay Ramachandran Syncfusion Team January 30, 2017 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We can reproduce the mentioned cross reference field navigation issue in Word to PDF conversion with the given details. Currently we are working on this issue and this fix be will include in our upcoming 2017 Volume 1 release which is expected to be available on February 2017.

As a workaround, kindly enable DocToPDFConverter.Settings.EnableFastRendering property, then convert a Word document as PDF. We have prepared sample for the same, please find the sample from following link and let us know if it helps.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/128552/ze/CrossRefFieldWordToPDF-1841787640.zip

Let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Vijay R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon