We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Close the suggestion list

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

128542 Jan 27,2017 09:17 AM UTC Jan 30,2017 11:12 AM UTC ASP.NET MVC 1
Tags: AutoComplete
Mickael DOLIVEIRA
Asked On January 27, 2017 09:17 AM UTC

Hi,

I created an autocomplete with datasource on server side.
if the value does not exist (check in on focus out), i open a modal dialog for create a new value.

if the user write a new value and click (not with tab) on other field, the suggestion list can open but it will not close.
How can we to force by javascript to close the suggestion list?

i try $(this.elementId).ejAutocomplete("close");
but i receive an exception.

Regards,
Mickael

Rekha J [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 30, 2017 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Mickael,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

To achieve your requirement, we have provided a workaround solution. That is, you have to use CSS for suggestionList “display:none” when the suggestionList needs to be closed.    

We have created a simple sample to achieve your requirement. In our sample, we have two buttons. One button is used to open the suggestionList. Another button is used to hide the suggestionList. Both actions are done by using click event of the buttons.   

You can download the sample from this link:   

Regards,   
Rekha  

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;