We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VS2015 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040402

Hi Syncfusion,

Its my first time to try your community license essential studio, I am trying to create a new c# winform project but when I tried to proceed from the template option on Windows Forms Project Configuration, I get this "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040402" error, theres nothing on the project, its just the project solution file on the project explorer and a blank project directory on my VS2015 Projects folder, nothing happens. I tried the other templates, changing the assemblies from GAC to Installed Location, restarted my machine but still the same.

This is my setup:
Visual Studio 2015 Update RC3
Essential Studio V14.4.0.15 (this is the version that I got when i downloaded it a couple of minutes ago so I assume its the latest).
Windows 10 Home Operating system
.Net 4.5 or 4.5.2

5 Replies

KA kai replied to kaizer January 24, 2017 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Syncfusion,

Its my first time to try your community license essential studio, I am trying to create a new c# winform project but when I tried to proceed from the template option on Windows Forms Project Configuration, I get this "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040402" error, theres nothing on the project, its just the project solution file on the project explorer and a blank project directory on my VS2015 Projects folder, nothing happens. I tried the other templates, changing the assemblies from GAC to Installed Location, restarted my machine but still the same.

This is my setup:
Visual Studio 2015 Update RC3
Essential Studio V14.4.0.15 (this is the version that I got when i downloaded it a couple of minutes ago so I assume its the latest).
Windows 10 Home Operating system
.Net 4.5 or 4.5.2

correction:

Visual Studio 2015 Update 3

KA kai January 25, 2017 02:39 PM UTC

updated to Essential Studio V14.4.0.20 still the same

GR Ganesan Rengasamy Syncfusion Team January 27, 2017 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Kaizer, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We were unable to reproduce the issue, we need to check this with the same machine environment as yours. So, please share the below details,  
1.       Reproducing steps.   
2.       Screenshot of the issue.   
3.       Installinfo.xml file. You can get it from below mentioned location.   
{Essential Studio Build Installed location}\{Build Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml  
For Example:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.4.0.20\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml. 
4.       Details about your Visual Studio. Select the Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio. Copy the Visual Studio information by clicking Copy Info and paste this information into notepad. Also, System Information by clicking the System Info and paste into notepad. Share those Visual Studio and System information to us. 

The above information would help us to proceed further on this issue. If you need a solution at once, we can setup a web meeting to consider it and provide the solution. Please let us know your availability. We will make every effort to have this scheduled on a date and time of your convenience.  

Regards,  
Ganesan R. 

KA kai January 28, 2017 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Ganesan,

Please see attached zip file for the requested information

Attachment: syncfusion_issue_b544f09a.zip

GR Ganesan Rengasamy Syncfusion Team January 31, 2017 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Kaizer,  

A support incident has been created under your Direct Trac account for followup. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Please get back to us know if you need further assistance.  

Regards,  
Ganesan R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon