We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExtractText()

Hi,
I am looking for functionality to extract text from a PDF -document.
It seems that the ASP.Net Core modules are not yet fully ported.
Is there any way I can use the MVC version of the PDF component in my ASP.Net Core project? For instance, by adding a dependency to Dot Net 4.6?
Oskar

9 Replies

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team January 24, 2017 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Oskar, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

At present, we do not have support for “ExtractText” function in ASP.NET core platform and also we could not use MVC reference assemblies in the  ASP.NET Core application. However, we have included the query in our feature request and we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity.   

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

JJ Jayabharathi J Syncfusion Team January 25, 2017 08:10 AM UTC

From: Oskar Helling | Disponibilidad Database [mailto:oskar.helling@dispdb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:36 PM
To: Syncfusion Support <support@syncfusion.com>
Subject: Re: Syncfusion support community forum 128439, ExtractText(), has been updated.

Hi, 
Can you give some details on with what kind of schedule you generally release updates? 
Montly, bimonthly… yearly? 
Oskar 

Disponibilidad Database - Listing management made simple 

Oskar Helling 
+34 685 236 556 

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team January 25, 2017 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Oskar 

Our release schedule is quarterly. We publish four major releases in a year. 

Thanks, 
Akshaya 

EJ Emil Juul Jacobsen June 30, 2017 07:07 AM UTC

I am also quite interested in having this feature available in the .NET Core library.

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team July 3, 2017 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Oskar, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have implemented the feature “Need to provide support for ExtractText in ASP.NET core platform” internally and it will be available in the Essential Studio Volume 3, which is expected to be rolled out by the end of July 2017. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

OH Oskar Helling July 4, 2017 11:28 AM UTC

Super!! Looking forward to it.

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team July 5, 2017 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Oskar, 

We request you to visit our website periodically for feature related updates. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

EJ Emil Juul Jacobsen July 5, 2017 10:59 AM UTC

Posting in this thread since it is related. Will the ported functions allow me to get the coordinates of the various text snippets along with it? I find the simple ExtractText() method often aggregates lines with no regard to spacing such that two words are merged with no way to logically separate them. If I had the individuel strings and their coordinates (e.g. baseline) I could deduce their order and anticipate line breaks to keep the two words separate. Thanks in advance.

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team July 6, 2017 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The ExtractText() feature, does not have the support for retrieving the coordinates of the text from the PDF document, we can extract the text contents only from the PDF document using the ExtractText(). However the co -ordinates of the text can be obtained by using the FindText() feature.  

The FindText method returns true when the target text given is found in the document along with dictionary which contains the page index and the list of rectangular coordinates of the target text found on that page. 

Note: The support for FintText () feature in the ASP.Net core platform will be available from Volume 3 release, which is expected to be rolled out by the end of July 2017. 

Please let us know if need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon