We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

getExportProps / saveAsJSON reuse

Greetings,

I am using the spreadsheet component and I am saving the JSON I get with saveAsJSON() (so that I will be able to load it quickly the next time in the UI) and I also use XLExport.getExportProps() to get the payload which I send to the spreadsheet export endpoint to generate XLSX file (so it will be ready for quick download when needed). I periodically send both JSONs to my server, which saves the output of saveAsJSON() locally, and passes the output of getExportProps() to a .Net server for the XLSX export. I noticed that both JSONs are somewhat similar but not identical. Is there an easy way to use one of them to get the other on the server, and reduce the total payload size in the described case? I suppose I could run a browser on the server, but I would prefer a more "lightweight" conversion. I use Scala/Java on my server if it matters.

Thanks.

1 Reply

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team January 17, 2017 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Gabriel, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your requirement ‘To generate a getExportProps() JSON from saveAsJSON() or vice versa’ and we would like to let you know that we have processed the both JSON data in different way i.e. skip the needed default properties based on JSON export and Excel export.  And, currently your requirement is not feasible. However, we have considered this as a feature request and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan I 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon