We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Work column/Calender modes/Critical path/Over allocation

Hello,

1) I'm able to select work column from column chooser. But if i don't want column chooser how to permanently display work column?

2) How critical path works? How to enable and integrate it in Gantt?

3) Whats difference between GanttWorkingTimeScale.TimeScale24Hours and GanttWorkingTimeScale.TimeScale8Hours ?

4) MS Project provides functionality for over allocation. Do we have such functionality in Gantt?

Please clarify and provide solution to above queries.

1 Reply

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team December 23, 2016 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Kuntal, 
Please find the response below 
Query 
Response 
I'm able to select work column from column chooser. But if i don't want column chooser how to permanently display work column? 

By default the visibility of the work column is false. So to enable the work column we need to set the visibility as true in load client side event. 
Please find the cod example below: 
function load(args) { 
        var column = this.getColumns(), 
        for (var i = 0; i < column.length; i++) { 
            if (column[i].field == "work" || column[i].field == "taskType" || column[i].field == "effortDriven") { 
                column[i].visible = true; 
            } 
        } 
    } 
Please find our online documentation for your reference: 
 How critical path works? How to enable and integrate it in Gantt? 
 By using toolbar critical path item we can enable/disable critical path in Gantt. Please find the code example below: 
@(Html.EJ().Gantt("GanttContainer") 
             .ToolbarSettings(toolbar => 
               {                                   toolbar.ToolbarItems(new List<GanttToolBarItems>() 
                       {                                                     GanttToolBarItems.CriticalPath, 
                                  }); 
                               })                       

)@(Html.EJ().ScriptManager()) 

function load(args) { 
        var column = this.getColumns(), 
        columns = { field: "isCritical", headerText: "Critical", allowEditing: false }; 
        column.splice(2, 0, columns);         

} 
Please find our online documentation and sample for your reference. 
 Whats difference between GanttWorkingTimeScale.TimeScale24Hours and GanttWorkingTimeScale.TimeScale8Hours? 

In TimeScale8Hours the working time will be calculated from 8 AM to 6PM .In TimeScale24Hours working time will be calculated from 12AM to 12PM, And also we can define custom working time in Gantt by using dayWorkingTime property, please find the demo link for this. 

Demo: http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/gantt/ganttworkingtimerange 

MS Project provides functionality for over allocation. Do we have such functionality in Gantt? 
At present there is no support for over allocation in Gantt. Hence we have logged a feature report “Implementing resource view Gantt for viewing resource allocation”. It will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. We will update you once this feature has got implemented. 
We have also prepared the sample based on this, please find the sample from below location 

Regards, 
Jone sherine P S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon