We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Keep GroupBarItem always open and load it to another GroupBar

Hi,

I have created 2 GroupBars with several GroupBarItems in each of them.

1. I would like to know how can I keep a spesific GroupBarItem always open so that the user could not minimize it.

2. Is it possible to load a GroupBarItem from GroupBar A to GroupBar B? I don't want to recreate the same GroupBarItem in 2 different GroupBars.

Regards,

Dov.

5 Replies

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team December 16, 2016 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Dov, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query 1:  Request to keep a specific GroupBarItem always open so that the user could not minimize it 

At present, there is no support for this requirement. Could you please provide below details which is helpful us to proceed further? 

1.       VisualMode settings enabled in GroupBar control. 
2.       Please share your actual requirement for the necessity of this functionality. 

Query 2:   Request to clone a GroupBarItem between different GroupBar controls. I don't want to recreate the same GroupBarItem in 2 different GroupBars. 

We were not able to understand the reported requirement clearly. Could you please confirm you would like to maintain the GroupBarItem in both source and destination once it is moved. Otherwise we have a sample which showcases support to move GroupBarItem to one to another GroupBar. Please find the sample location in the below. 

Sample Location: AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\[Installed version]\WPF\Tools.WPF\Samples\GroupBar\Drag and Drop 

Upon your confirmation, we will analyze and provide you the prompt solution as earlier as possible.  

Regards, 
Venkateshwaran V.R. 

DO Dov December 18, 2016 06:23 AM UTC

Thank you for your fast reply, I'll try to clarify what I need.

Q1:
VisualMode is set to "MultipleExpansion".

In my Ribbon application I have several tabs and one UserControl.
For example I have Tab A and B.
Tab B has a lot of GroupBarItems so I need them to minimize in order to allow the user to easily view the data.
Tab A however as just 2 lines in it and I added the data to a GroupBarItem in order to keep everything organized and neat.
I prefer that the user won't be allowed to minimize some GroupBarItems due to the impotent of the data that it held, but I still want to keep the data in a GroupBarItem.

Q2:

Each Tab change the UserControl so that the user view different aspects of the application.
For example: Tab A will display a standard Sine wave and the user can set the phase of the wave

GroupBar Name="StandardPanel"
GroupBarItem Name="StandardWaveformParameters"
DoubleTextBox Name="StandardPhase"

When the user select Tab B the UserControl will now show more functions (for example setting number of cycles of the wave)

GroupBar Name="AdvancedPanel"
GroupBarItem Name="AdvancedWaveformAttributes"
DoubleTextBox Name="AdvancedCycles"

I would like that when the user will press Tab B the GroupBarItem (Name="StandardWaveformParameters") will be displayed at the end of the GroupBar Name="AdvancedPanel", so the user would think that it is part of that GroupBar.

I don't want the add a new DoubleTextBox Named "AdvancedPhase" in AdvancedWaveformAttributes because I implement quite a lot in the ViewModel and I don't want to write the same code several times.

The
GroupBarItem need to be added programmatically to another GroupBar (or maybe display the second GroupBar behind the first GroupBar) but not move them - because if the user will press once again on Tab A I don't want to remove the GroupBarItem once again.

*** I can solve Q2 when I create one large GroupBar that contain all GroupBarItems and simply change visibility of needed GroupBarItems, but I'm just not sure that it's the right way to solve that problem.****

Hopefully I was clearer now.

Thanks for all the help.

Dov.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 19, 2016 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Dov,

Thank you for your update.

Query 1: VisualMode is set to "MultipleExpansion".

In our sample, we have achieved your requirement by handling the PreviewMouseDown event of the Expander button. So that you can able to restrict of minimizing the desired GroupBarItems. Please download the sample from the below: 
Sample:GroupBar

Query : Each Tab change the UserControl so that the user view different aspects of the application.

The solution to solve this reported query is the correct solution. Please let us know if you have face any issues using that solution.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

DO Dov December 21, 2016 09:19 AM UTC

Thank you, both solutions are working great.

Regards,

Dov.

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team December 21, 2016 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Dov, 

Thank you for your update and please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards 
Kannan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon