We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Compressing PDF really dont compress

I have a pdf which I'm trying to compress it using normal, above normal, best and using bestspeed which gives me the same result 

The original pdf size is 53.5kb but if I use the properties normal or best speed which gives me 52.9kb as final result which dosent make sense

Can you give me a sample with the attached pdf.

This is the code which I'm using to compress which was given in the example here

Attachment: sample_4eaab900.rar

3 Replies

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team December 16, 2016 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Ravi, 

Currently our compression support is more effective only on newly created document, because when newly creating the document we can able to access the content stream and other resources of the PDF file to compress to its best but in the loaded document we will compress the streams which is not already compressed to its best so  we have already logged the feature request to compress the existing PDF document effectively ,  we will let you know once the feature has been implemented. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Praveen 

RC Ravi Chandran March 4, 2018 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Praveen,

How do I write the existing pdf including text and images and then compress it ?

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team March 5, 2018 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Ravi, 

We have created the simple sample to write the text and images in existing PDF document and compress it.  

Please find the sample for the same from below which has been downloaded from the following location: 

Please refer the below UG documentation link for more details: 

Please try the above sample in your end and check whether it meets your requirement.  

Regards, 
Sowmiya L 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon