We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Message saying column doesnt exist when it does!

I have a grid which is mapped to a table class_notes. The grid works fine and then sometimes all of a sudden i get the exception below. The column certainly DOES belong to the table, because it is able to use it just fine until it gets into this broken state, from which it doesnt recover. It is possible that this has only occured since the recent RC1, but it is hard to confirm that. ----------------- System.ArgumentException: Column ''Note_title'' does not belong to table class_notes. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.SaveCellInfo(GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.IGridModelDataProvider.SaveCellInfo(GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType, Boolean dontRaiseSaveCellInfoEvent, Boolean copyReferenceOnly) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.ChangeCells(GridRangeInfo range, GridStyleInfo[] cellsInfo, StyleModifyType modifyType) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.IGridVolatileDataContainer.ChangeCell(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridVolatileData.set_Item(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStyleInfoIdentity.OnStyleChanged(StyleInfoBase style, StyleInfoProperty sip) at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoBase.OnStyleChanged(StyleInfoProperty sip) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStyleInfo.OnStyleChanged(StyleInfoProperty sip) at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoBase.SetValue(StyleInfoProperty sip, Object value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellModelBase.ApplyFormattedText(GridStyleInfo style, String text, Int32 textInfo) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStyleInfo.ApplyFormattedText(String text, Int32 textInfo) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxCellRenderer.OnSaveChanges() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.ConfirmChanges(Boolean closeDropDown) ----------- I have also got this error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPaint.DrawClientRowCol(Int32 topRow, Int32 leftCol, Int32 bottomRow, Int32 rightCol, Graphics g, Rectangle rectClip) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnDrawClientRowCol(Int32 topRow, Int32 leftCol, Int32 bottomRow, Int32 rightCol, Graphics g, Rectangle rectClip) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPaint.DrawGrid(Graphics g, Boolean shouldClip, Rectangle rectClip) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2004 08:54 PM UTC

The mapping name is case sensitive. So, is your column name exactly "Note_title"? Are you using multiple threads? If so, anytime you are accessing the grid, are you using grid.InvokeRequired checks to make sure you only access the grid on the thread that created it. Threading issues can show themselves in strange ways.

SJ Samuel Jack April 13, 2004 11:49 AM UTC

I have been having a similar problem. It particularly manifests itself when selecting from a Combo box drop down

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 02:33 PM UTC

Can you post a sample project showing the problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 05:48 PM UTC

not using threads and its definitely not a caseing issue in my code because it works for a while and then just stops during runtime. i have the datasource set to my own created dataview object which also maps to other controls as well as the grid. i''ll try to make a sample project at some point. -simon

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon