We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Native linking Failed

I have implemented SfCarousel control in my Xamarin Form app, after doing the same my app is working fine on Simulator but when I am trying to run same on device (iPhone 6s), it shows following errors:

MTOUCH: error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: SFCarouselItem. The symbol '_OBJC_CLASS_$_SFCarouselItem' could not be found in any of the libraries or frameworks linked with your application.

MTOUCH: error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: SFCarousel. The symbol '_OBJC_CLASS_$_SFCarousel' could not be found in any of the libraries or frameworks linked with your application.

MTOUCH: error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log.

On internet I found need to add some MTOUCH arguments on iOS build configuration, but not able to find actual values which needs to mention.

Anyone please help.

3 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team replied to Nikhil Maheshwari December 12, 2016 06:56 AM UTC

I have implemented SfCarousel control in my Xamarin Form app, after doing the same my app is working fine on Simulator but when I am trying to run same on device (iPhone 6s), it shows following errors:

MTOUCH: error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: SFCarouselItem. The symbol '_OBJC_CLASS_$_SFCarouselItem' could not be found in any of the libraries or frameworks linked with your application.

MTOUCH: error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: SFCarousel. The symbol '_OBJC_CLASS_$_SFCarousel' could not be found in any of the libraries or frameworks linked with your application.

MTOUCH: error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log.

On internet I found need to add some MTOUCH arguments on iOS build configuration, but not able to find actual values which needs to mention.

Anyone please help.

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end with SfCarousel control at our end. We have prepared a simple sample to test the same and is available below.

Please have a look at the sample and if you are still facing the issues, please provide us the below requested details which will help you in providing a better solution. 

1. Provide us the Syncfusion version using and the iOS version.
  2. Whether the reported issue is reproduced in the attached sample also and if not please provide us the error reproducing sample.

Regards,

Paul Anderson

Attachment: testcarousel_e1eaee2.zip

NM Nikhil Maheshwari December 12, 2016 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Paul,
I tried to run the sample provided by you and that works perfectly on device.
After running the same, I have removed all the code written and references added and then again tried of re-writing of my code to implement SfCarousal and added the required reference.
Doing this done some magic and my application is also working fine now.

Thanks for your help :)

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team December 13, 2016 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know you have achieved the requirement based on our provided information. Please let us know if youy need any other assistance on this.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon