We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Localization of currency symbol when using OLAP data

Hello,

I am trying to localize the values shown in the ejPivotGrid widget. Especially the currency values should be shown with the proper currency symbol (Euro sign in my case).
However, with currency values the dollar sign is always shown.

I have set the locale of the ejPivotGrid with:
gridElem.ejPivotGrid({
    url: Constants.CubeUrls.gridUrl,
    locale: "nl-NL",
}

The OLAP data is retrieved by a WebApi REST Service. The culture property of the datamanager is also set to the Dutch culture:
var dataManager = new OlapDataManager(connectionsStr)
            {
                Culture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo(1043),
                OverrideDefaultFormatStrings = true
            };

And the language of the Analysis service is also set to "Dutch".

What am I missing? How do I make sure that the proper currency symbol is shown?

With kind regards,
Bas

3 Replies

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team December 6, 2016 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Nielander, 

For the reported problem, we need to check the cube and values generated from the cube through debugging.  Hence we kindly request you to provide us the sample with garbage/dummy cube, which would be very helpful to assist you at earliest. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S. 

BN B Nielander December 7, 2016 07:53 AM UTC

Hello,

There seemed to be a problem with caching. After clearing the Analysis Service cache the expected currency symbols were shown in the pivotgrid.
However, now the pivotchart doesn't show any values anymore when the Measures values are of type currency. The Web Api REST service returns all currency values with a currency symbol (see attachment) but none of the values are shown. When only the measure field is changed to a, for example, integer value. The chart widget is shown without a problem. 
Why are the currency values not shown in the chart widget and how can I fix the problem?

With kind regards,
Bas

Attachment: syncfusion_chart_issue_with_currency_dbdb564e.zip

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team December 8, 2016 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Nielander, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. We confirmed that the issue with “PivotChart not get display properly while runs with other localization(nl-NL)” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. The fix for this issue is estimated to be available on Volume 4 SP1 release which has been scheduled to be rolled out at the end of December, 2016. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon