We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Autocomplete filter by object properties

Hi,

Is there a way to filter the elements in the AutoComplete by one or more properties in the object than by the string displayed?

For example, I got a class that has a property "ID" and another called "Name".

I want the user to filter the items either it enters part of the ID or part of the Name, so is there a way to create a custom filter?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team December 1, 2016 09:49 AM UTC

Hi David,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

In our AutoComplete control, filtering can be made based on the “DisplayMemberPath” property. As DisplayMemberPath holds the value of a property in a class, AutoCompletion cannot be done using multiple properties of the same class. This is the default behavior of AutoComplete control.    

Please let us know, if we misunderstood your query.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J.   

DG David García December 1, 2016 12:11 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply back.

Yeah, what I tried to do is to filter the list based in other than the DisplayMemberPath to make the filtering more flexible than just the displayed text. Not using the AutoCompletition so though maybe was possible to use a more custom flitering.

Thanks anyway.

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team December 2, 2016 11:39 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Based on the current AutoComplete implementation, filtering cannot be done without using the DisplayMemberPath property. Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon