We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Report Designer - Create a hyperlink to another report?

I've look through the Report Designer documentation but I have not found any documentation on how to create a hyperlink to another report, passing a parameter for example an ID.  I see that when creating an expression that there is a Built-in Field named "ReportServerUrl" which is actually the URL for the API not the Report Server hosting the report, for example:  http://<server name>:80//reportserverapi.

What is the recommended way to create a properly formed URL and pass a parameter?

Thanks,

--Michael

4 Replies

MG Michael Gerfen November 29, 2016 11:17 PM UTC

I found the "Action" section for a TextBox so I now see that I can create a hyperlink.  It would be very helpful if the documentation for your Report Designer was more complete.  As it stands now I have to look at the documentation for SSRS then try to find same behavior in the Report Designer which is less than ideal.  Please do your customers a favor and spend more time to make your documentation more useful.  I shouldn't have to cross reference documentation for another competing product to figure out how to use yours.

Thanks!

--Michael

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 30, 2016 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are using the same standards as like as the Microsoft Reporting Services and we have documented control specific features in our documentation. However, we have considered your feedback in our documentation and we will include more information about our Report Designer in our UG documentation. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

MG Michael Gerfen December 2, 2016 04:53 PM UTC

Upon further testing, I found that creating an action to invoke another report does not work.  In the report designer, nothing happens when I click the text box on which I have created the action and no error is thrown. On the report server, the proper HTML is not emitted so nothing happens when I click on the link.

Also I'm somewhat confused by the limited access to the fields of my dataset.  It appears that I only have access to the First(...) expression.  Will this give me access to the the correct row when the report is generated or is there some other method for access row specific data?

Thanks,

--Michael

VR Vijay Raja Syncfusion Team December 5, 2016 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Query 
Response 
Upon further testing, I found that creating an action to invoke another report does not work.  In the report designer, nothing happens when I click the text box on which I have created the action and no error is thrown. On the report server, the proper HTML is not emitted so nothing happens when I click on the link. 

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
Also I'm somewhat confused by the limited access to the fields of my dataset.  It appears that I only have access to the First(...) expression.  Will this give me access to the correct row when the report is generated or is there some other method for access row specific data?  
The data set field collection can be access based on the scope where we are using the expression. In some locations of a report, you must specify a scope. For example, for a text box on the design surface, you must specify the name of the dataset to use: =First(Fields!Sales.Value,"Dataset1"). In other locations, there is an implicit default scope. For example, if you do not specify an aggregate for a text box in a tablix group scope, the default aggregate First is used. 

Please refer the online documentation to know more about data scope in expressions. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/dd255256.aspx 

Regards, 
Vijay R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon