We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting Current Value from CurrentCell on CurrentCellChanged

how can i get the current state of the checkbox when it is clicked? CurrentCell.Renderer.CurrentValue does not get updated on the second click. i.e. clicking on a checkbox first time and looking at the CurrentCell.Renderer.CurrentValue returns the correct value, now clicking on it the second time and the CurrentCell.Renderer.CurrentValue still retains the first change value Is a bug, design? and how can i make this work? this is getting very frusterating trying to figure out at what is going on behind the scenes, even with source code. Does syncfusion have logic flow chart of what goes on for common grid tasks (the order of events, updates etc for changing cells, updating datasource etc,)

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 10, 2004 05:18 PM UTC

The checkbox is special in that it immediately saves the changed value to the grid itself with each change. So, in CurrentCellChanged, you can get the latest value of a checkbox directly from the grid, this.gridDataBoundGrid1[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex].CellValue For other celltypes, you would get the value from the CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText. If you run the celltype samples (Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\CellTypes), they have the option of showing the currentcell events in the textbox at the bottom of the form.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon