We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sfschedule localization Android not working + how to set timeformat month inline

Hey,

Well I have a little issue that I can't seem to be able to fix on my own. Right now I am trying to get my app to display Dutch date and days. This does work for API level <21 but not above.

I have set the following:

XAML:
ScheduleView="MonthView"
Locale="nl-NL"
EnableNavigation="True"
BackgroundColor="White"
VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand"
HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand"
ShowAppointmentsInline="True"
DataSource="{Binding DisplayedAppointments,Mode=TwoWay}">

13 Replies

LU Luuk November 15, 2016 09:13 AM UTC

And for the other issue I would like to show the month inline date format to HH:mm instead of AM/PM

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team November 16, 2016 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Luuk, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.  

Query 1: Localization 

In Locale property, Schedule Xamarin.Forms, only language code should be set to Locale property. Kindly refer the below code snippet to set localization for Dutch. 

//Localization for Dutch 

sfschedule.Locale = "nl";  

Please let us know if you have any query on this. 

Query 2: Month Inline Time Format 

Currently we don’t have this support (to show the month inline date format to HH:mm instead of AM/PM) in our control. We have considered this implementation as a feature request, we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming volume release. 

Regards,  
Swathi G  

LU Luuk replied to Swathi Gopal November 16, 2016 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Luuk, 

In Locale property, Schedule Xamarin.Forms, only language code should be set to Locale property. Kindly refer the below code snippet to set localization for Dutch. 

//Localization for Dutch 

Currently we don’t have this support (to show the month inline date format to HH:mm instead of AM/PM) in our control. We have considered this implementation as a feature request, we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming volume release. 

Regards,  
Swathi G  

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, the first solution works and enables the dutch overview which is great!

I hope the monthinline am pm issue will get changed soon enough :) 

Also I have a qeustion how do I change the daylabel to show 24 hour format what's the correct syntax for this?

Here is our xaml:
 </controls:BNSchedule.Behaviors>
        <controls:BNSchedule.DayViewSettings>
          <schedule:DayViewSettings WorkStartHour="7" WorkEndHour="19" >
            <schedule:DayViewSettings.DayLabelSettings>
              <schedule:DayLabelSettings TimeFormat="HH:mm" />
            </schedule:DayViewSettings.DayLabelSettings>
          </schedule:DayViewSettings>
        </controls:BNSchedule.DayViewSettings>

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team November 17, 2016 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Luuk,

We are happy that the given solution has resolved your query. As per our earlier update we have considered to implement changing TimeFormat in MonthInIine view, we will let you know once implementation has done.

By setting TimeFormat in the DayLabelSettings you can achieve your requirement of setting TimeFormat to the DayView. As your code example, you can achieve the same in WeekView and WorkWeekView also. Please find the below code example,

[Xaml]

<schedule:SfSchedule >
<schedule:SfSchedule.DayViewSettings>
</schedule:SfSchedule.DayViewSettings>
</schedule:SfSchedule>

[c#]

daylabelsettings.TimeFormat = "HH:mm";
dayviewsettings.DayLabelSettings = daylabelsettings;
schedule.DayViewSettings = dayviewsettings;

If the given solution doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please revert us by providing more information about your query. It will be helpful for us analyze on it and provide you a solution.

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V.

LU Luuk November 21, 2016 09:42 AM UTC

Hey,

Well to eloborate on the issue :)

I can't seem to make the 24 hour format work in the dayview. I did manage to get it work on other view types (week,workweek) , but dayview does not seem to work. I will share my code below:

Dayview XAML:
 <controls:BNSchedule x:Name="Schedule"
                           ScheduleView="DayView"
                           Locale="nl"
                           EnableNavigation="True"
                           BackgroundColor="White"
                           HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand"
                           VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand"
                           DataSource="{Binding DisplayedAppointments,Mode=TwoWay}">
        <controls:BNSchedule.Behaviors>
          <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="OnAppointmentLoadedEvent"
                                            Command="{Binding OnAppointmentLoadedCommand}"
                                            Converter="{StaticResource LoadedEventConverter}"/>
          <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="VisibleDatesChangedEvent"
                                            Command="{Binding VisibleDateChangedCommand}"
                                            Converter="{StaticResource VisibleDateChangedEventConverter}"/>
          <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="ScheduleCellTapped"
                                            Command="{Binding ScheduleCellTappedCommand}"
                                            Converter="{StaticResource ScheduleTappedEventConverter}"/>
       <controls:BNSchedule >
          <controls:BNSchedule.DayViewSettings>
          </controls:BNSchedule.DayViewSettings>
        </controls:BNSchedule>

Weekview XAML:
 <controls:BNSchedule.Behaviors>
          <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="OnAppointmentLoadedEvent"
                                           Command="{Binding OnAppointmentLoadedCommand}"
                                           Converter="{StaticResource LoadedEventConverter}"/>
          <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="VisibleDatesChangedEvent"
                                            Command="{Binding VisibleDateChangedCommand}"
                                            Converter="{StaticResource VisibleDateChangedEventConverter}"/>
          <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="ScheduleCellTapped"
                                            Command="{Binding ScheduleCellTappedCommand}"
                                            Converter="{StaticResource ScheduleTappedEventConverter}"/>

<schedule:SfSchedule.WeekViewSettings>
          <schedule:WeekViewSettings WorkStartHour="7" WorkEndHour="19" >
            <schedule:WeekViewSettings.WeekLabelSettings>
              <schedule:WeekLabelSettings TimeFormat="HH:mm" />
            </schedule:WeekViewSettings.WeekLabelSettings>
          </schedule:WeekViewSettings>
        </schedule:SfSchedule.WeekViewSettings>
Thanks in advance,

Luuk

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team November 22, 2016 09:18 AM UTC

Hi Luuk, 

Thanks for the update.

Based on your provided information we are unable to reproduce the issue “24 hour format not working in dayview”. We have prepared the simple sample with your provided code example, please find the below sample link, 

Sample link  :   ScheduleTimeFormat 

If the provided solution doesn’t work, could you please modify the provided sample along with its reproducing procedure? It will be helpful for us to analyze on your requirement and provide you a possible solution.

Regards,   
Sivakumar P 

LU Luuk November 22, 2016 01:12 PM UTC

Hey Sivakamar,

You were absolutly right! Your example worked and made me debug my day page and lo and behold... I had a certain piece of leftover code in the codebehind which was causing this issue. It was instantiating a new dayviewschedule.

Thanks for your help :)!

Cheers,

Luuk

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team November 23, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Luuk, 

Thanks for your update.       

We are glad to know that you have met your requirement. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

LU Luuk replied to Swathi Gopal December 19, 2016 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Luuk, 

//Localization for Dutch 

Regards,  
Swathi G  

Hey,

Any news on the monthInline customization has this been developed for the upcoming release? Since changing am/pm to 24 hour standard kinda needed to keep apps constistent. 

Thanks in advance,

Luuk

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team December 20, 2016 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Luuk, 

As per our earlier update, we have already considered to provide Schedule MonthInlineCustomization support in Xamarin Forms. Currently we are working on it, we will include this feature in our upcoming Volume 1 release which is expected to be available by the month of February 2017. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

TE TeKkMoRi November 10, 2020 10:22 AM UTC

hi Syncfusion team 
I'm using SfSchedule for my Xamarin form appilications and trying Schedule.Locale = "fa" or "fa-Ir"  in order to localize my applications 
everything looks so fine on UWP but when i run my android project, it dose not work as well as UWP. in UWP, I have Persian format in date time and all strings, however in android project it just converts the strings text, not date formats. I need  Persian form of date times in android and iOS as well as UWP 
here my codes...

InitializeComponent();
            SfSchedule schedule = new SfSchedule();
            schedule.Locale = "fa";
            schedule.ScheduleView = ScheduleView.MonthView;
            this.Content = schedule;

I'll send the pictures of projects, as you can see today in UPW is 20th(Correct Persian calendar) but it shows on android simulator 10th (showing in default culture i guess). 

Attachment: SfSchedule_897cd111.zip

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team November 11, 2020 01:10 PM UTC

Hi TeKkMoRi, 

Thank you for the contacting syncfusion support. 

#Regarding Persian format in date time in Android and IOS 
Currently, we are checking the reported scenario with development team and update the further details on the November 16, 2020. We appreciate the patience until then.  

Regards,  
SaiGanesh Sakthivel  

MS Muniappan Subramanian Syncfusion Team November 16, 2020 10:05 AM UTC

Hi TeKkMoRi,  

As of now, SfSchedule won’t support Persian calendar or Hijri calendar in Xamarin.Forms Android and iOS. We have considered to provide Persian calendar or Hijri calendar support using SfSchedule in Xamarin.Forms and logged feature report for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.     

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.    

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.     

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count.   

Regards, 
Muniappan S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon