We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I mimic the "Dockable" menu item?

I need to have a button and/or menu item in my application which triggers the same effect as Un-checking the "Dockable" item in a dockbar''s title context menu? Any suggestions? John

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2004 05:26 AM UTC

Hi John, Please refer to the OnMenuDockable_Click (dockable window to MDI child) and MDIFormDockableItem_Click (MDI child to dockable window) event handlers in the DockingManager class for this purpose. I have implemented this behavior in a test_sample here. Please refer to the sample and let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JS John Schroedl April 13, 2004 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Guru, Thanks for the response..the basic undock does seem to work and I''ll try incorporatin the bahavior into my application. One problem I see with your sample is to try the following: Run. Right-click and make the dockbar floating and then click the menu item -- an exception exception occurs because mdiform is null. John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 09:06 PM UTC

Hi John, I have tested my earlier sample in v2.0.3.0 and it seems to work fine here. Clicking on the Dockable menu item toggles the docking window between docked or floated state and tabbedMDI child state. Please let me know if you are using an earlier version of Essential Suite. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JS John Schroedl April 14, 2004 03:45 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I''m using the 2.0 Release Candidate (2.0.3.0). John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2004 01:26 AM UTC

Hi John, I apologise for my incorrect response earlier. I could see the exception here when the "Dockable" menu item was used in conjunction with the DockContextMenu item. I will further investigate this issue and update you shortly. We appreciate your feedback and thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 04:34 PM UTC

Hi John, I have now modified my earlier application to overcome this problem and have attached_it_here. Please refer to it and let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon