We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Asp.Net Web Forms, Using Spreadsheet Control, Large Data Objects

I was hoping that I would be able to use the spreadsheet control for web forms. The problem, I've run into, is we have huge data objects, and the control uses serialization which has size limits. I've search the forum and attempted to use some of the methods outline for large data. I've run into max size limit and out of memory issues. Can you suggest anything else I might try?

4 Replies

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team November 2, 2016 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Will Smith, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products, 

Before we start to providing you a solution please provide the below details, 

1.       Are you import excel file by using import option (ImportUrl or ribbon File -> open)? if so, how many rows and columns you are using? 
2.       What are all the formatting (font color, background color, formula, merge cell, wrap text etc..) you are using in your project? Since, import file is based on the JSON string’s limit and JSON string based on the rows, columns and cell formatting only. 
3.       If possible, provide dummy excel file which contains the same rows, columns and features used in your project. 

The information provided would be great help to resolving the issue. 

Regards, 
Shanmugaraja K  

WS Will Smith November 2, 2016 12:27 PM UTC

I've tried all the above, it would be ideal if I could load it in code behind via:

List<mycollection> lst = GetMyList();
this.Spreadsheet.Sheets.Add(new Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.Sheet()
{
      Datasource = lst
});

The code works fine as long as I limit it to less than 2000 rows. I tried custom serialing and I get out of memory if I go more than 2000 rows.

WS Will Smith November 2, 2016 12:32 PM UTC

I'm having problems attaching the dummy file, trying again.

List<mycollection> lst = GetMyList();
this.Spreadsheet.Sheets.Add(new Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models.Sheet()
{
      Datasource = lst
});

The code works fine as long as I limit it to less than 2000 rows. I tried custom serialing and I get out of memory if I go more than 2000 rows.

Attachment: DummyFile_c650a4e7.rar

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team November 4, 2016 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Will Smith, 

Thanks for your update. 

We considered this as a defect and a new support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement.  Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 
Silambarasan I 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon