We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multidata trigger not changing visibility of SfChart FastLineSeries when changing the series Visibility property

Hi,

I have some fairly complicated code that I am trying to convert to use SfChart and FastLineSeries, so my apologies for not posting code.

I have two different sets of data in a class and there are four properties for each set that I use as the ItemsSource for a corresponding FastLineSeries. So there are eight line series in total. The data class implements INotifyPropertyChanged. I have ListenPropertyChange="True" on all eight series.

I have setup MultiDataTriggers in styles that should control the visibility of each set of four series. The essential difference between the two sets of data is that the visibility is based on two different, mutually exclusive radio buttons, one for each set of data.

I have set breakpoints in the getter for each of the eight data items, and the breakpoints are getting triggered. The corresponding FastLineSeries are the only consumers of this data, and when the breakpoints are hit, the stack trace clearly shows that the getters are being called by data bindings.

When I initially bring up the chart, one radio button is checked by default, and all four series that are associated with that radio button are visible as they should be. If I click the second radio button, the visible series is hidden - as it should be, however, the second set of four FastLineSeries never become visible.

My ItemsSource is also set on the by the style, and is based on a multidatabinding that changes based on a "Units of Measure" control in my UI. If I change units of measure, then the second set of four series shows and the first set of four series stays hidden.

Now if I select the first radio button again, the second set of four series hides, but the first set of four series never shows unless I switch units of measure again.

I do not understand what is happening, however, it seems that I should be able to change the visibility of a series and have it alternately show/hide.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

3 Replies

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2016 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Matthew, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We are able to make the series visible or hide by setting the IsSeriesVisible property of chart series. By default, IsSeriesVisible property is true. We have prepared a demo sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below link, 

Regards, 
Devi 

MZ Matthew Z November 1, 2016 05:58 PM UTC

I tried this and it does work.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 2, 2016 03:46 AM UTC

Hi Matthew, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon