We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Expressions with ReportItems works fine in Report Designer but gives error on MVC reportviewer

Hello,

I have a problem using expressions which include ReportItems values.

An example of the problem is the following:

I use this expression in order to set the value of a TextBox item called TextBox3  =>    = CDbl(ReportItems!TextBox1.Value) - CDbl(ReportItems!TextBox2.Value)

This works fine on report designer but returns the following error on MVC reportviewer:

An error occurred while processing the report item 'Textbox3' and The Value expression refers to the report item ‘ TextBox1’.Report item expressions can only refer to other report items within the same grouping scope or a containing grouping scope.Letters in the names of report items must use the correct case.

Obviously I am using the same report in report designer and reportviewer but the behavior is different.

Is this a known issue? How could I solve it? 

I have solved temporarily it by copying the whole expressions of  TextBox1 and TextBox2 in TextBox3 instead of refer its ReportItem Values  but report performance is much slower than using ReportItems values.

Is this the only solution?

Thank you very much!

1 Reply

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2016 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were unable to reproduce the mentioned issue at our end. We have prepared and tested the Report using the shared expression and it’s working fine at our end as shown in below shared screenshot. So can you please share the issue reproducible Report definition file and also confirm your Essential studio build version referred in your application with us to validate the mentioned issue. 

Output: 

We have prepared the sample and it can be downloaded from, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon